TechWeb covers HP's entry into the Eclipse open-source consortium. "The Eclipse project is aiming to create an open-source "framework" that lets third-party vendors "plug in" specialty development tools. The idea is to let developers work within a single framework -- including things like user interface and shared services like source-code management or debugging -- for all their development."
For those you don't know, Eclipse is the basis for the QNX Momentics Prefessional Edition IDE.
QNX Software Systems today announced that Harman International Industries, Incorporated (NYSE: HAR) has chosen the QNX® Neutrino® realtime operating system (RTOS) and the QNX Momentics® development suite to build radio navigation systems for automakers such as Audi, BMW, DaimlerChrysler and Porsche. Harman based its decision on QNX's reputation of providing reliable and scalable RTOS technology as well as QNX's new comprehensive integrated development environment (IDE) based on the Eclipse platform.
Akhilesh Mritunjai (a.k.a mritun) just updated his WinQFile and QFile. Those are still considered beta. Again, they work only on Windows NT/2000/XP. No Windows 9x/ME support.
Changelogs for WinQFile:
* fixed a bug where pressing cross button displays About dialog instead of closing window.
* fixed a bug where partition list is not updated after selecting another disk in combo.
* fixed a bug where files with more than one exten are not copied correctly.
* The debug windows has been made more verbose to help debugging.
Good news for the QNX4 users! QSSL just announced that a beta version of TCP/IP 5.0 patch A will be available later today or tomorrow. If you want to join this beta go to http://qdn.qnx.com/beta/form.html and enroll tcpip5.0.
Read more for changelogs:
Mike Gorchak just released version 0.8b of the C-Media sound driver for QNX6 at http://mike.qnx.org.ru/cmi/index_e.htm.
This driver is intended for 8338 and 8738 sound chips from C-Media Electronics Inc.
Changelog for version 0.8b:
* Added Mic input as the capture source.
* Added option in Advanced Settings menu for Mic Gain Boost enabling.
* Added Mic Gain control (8 steps) at capture mixer section.
* Finished work for code reorganizing, prepearing for S/PDIF support.
Great work Mike!