Skip navigation.
Home
The QNX Community Portal

View topic - Can somebody help?

Can somebody help?

For discussion of realtime and/or embedded programming.

Can somebody help?

Postby fanweik » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:01 pm

Hello, friends,
I have one problem with my application running well on qnx 6.3.2. Currently we have updated our platform which is equipped with GigaEhternet, so we asked QNX for the new driver devn-e1000.so. But when I started the new driver with command mount -T io-net devn-e1000.so, my application at first read some configuration data from plenty of files, then crashed. But when I unmounted this driver with command "umount /dev/io-net/en0" and restarted my application, the system ran in order like in the old platform with normal network card. Is there any conflict between devn-e1000.so and my application? If there is, what is that? In fact my application doesn't use any network functions!!! Can anybody give me some hints and what is wrong with my application? Thanks in advance.
Last edited by fanweik on Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fanweik

Re: Can somebody help?

Postby rgallen » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:44 pm

fanweik wrote:So I think the whole applcation is "frozen". But when I unmounted this driver with command "umount /dev/io-net/en0" and restarted my application, the system ran in order like in the old platform with normal network card. Is there any conflict between devn-e1000.so and my application? If there is, what is that? In fact my application doesn't use any network functions!!! Can anybody give me some hints and what is wrong with my application? Thanks in advance.

Grab a trace and look at it in the system profiler. It will show exactly what the problem is.
rgallen
QNX Master

Return to Realtime and Embedded