Home
The QNX Community Portal

View topic - How to built a surface using 3D points

How to built a surface using 3D points

Isn't the name clear?

How to built a surface using 3D points

Postby snowingfish » Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:06 pm

Hello everyone,

Is there anyone has the experience of segmenting and reconstructing the MRI data with Photon. I have no idea to do this
now. There is a VTK(Visualization toolkit) package can be used for this, does anyone use it on QNX?

Any help is appreciate,

Jason
Last edited by snowingfish on Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
snowingfish

RE: Segment and reconstruct MRI images

Postby mario » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:00 pm

Maybe you already have already done so but I think you'd better ask at a more appropriate place like, gfx forum. This isn't very QNX specific. I assume the segmenting and reconstruction of MRI data doesn't have anything to do with the underlying OS.
mario
QNX Master

Postby snowingfish » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:08 pm

Well, the plan is changed.
Now, my project need to collect lots of points in a coordinate system and construct them into a surface with spline interpolation(e.g.NURBS..).

Since I have no experience with computer grapic, I do not no where to start. Maybe I should begin with drawing points?

My former application has been built in Phab, and the surface will be part of the whole project. Is it possiable? how can I creat a windows to diaplay the surface in PhAB?

Any help is appreciate!

Jason
snowingfish

Postby maschoen » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:21 pm

You want to display a 3D surface in a Photon program? Check the Photon manual on graphics. Beyond that, it is a complex but non-QNX issue.
maschoen
QNX Master

Re: RE: Segment and reconstruct MRI images

Postby snowingfish » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:22 pm

maschoen wrote:You want to display a 3D surface in a Photon program? Check the Photon manual on graphics. Beyond that, it is a complex but non-QNX issue.

Actually, I want to use NURBS Spline interpolation generate a trajectory for robot motion. So if the surface can be displayed, it would be better. But display is not the key purpose....

I think should do some home work on computer graphic....never learn it before :x
snowingfish

RE: Re: RE: Segment and reconstruct MRI images

Postby maschoen » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:01 pm

Right, that's the non-Qnx part.
maschoen
QNX Master

Return to GUI Programming