Skip navigation.
Home
The QNX Community Portal

View topic - Mozilla 1.1b

Mozilla 1.1b

Isn't the name clear?

Re: mozilla-xlib

Postby noc » Sun Aug 04, 2002 3:12 pm

suresh_kerai wrote:OK, so After I do a clean install of 6.2 iso how can I install the mozilla-xlib. I've already downloaded it and know how to untar it, but what other software is needed for it to run ?

You need to download/install the XPhoton emulator:
http://www.openqnx.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Downloads&file=index&req=getit&lid=9

untar it. then modify /usr/bin/ph to change all /usr/X11R6 to /opt/X11R6 and Xphoton to XPhoton. Restart photon and you should be able to run /opt/openqnx/bin/mozilla-xlib
noc

Postby noc » Sun Aug 04, 2002 10:49 pm

TheAlien wrote:As for Kinners - hes not usually the quickest, he requires a good proding now and then.

Since he is working free for the QNX community, we can't blame him :)

I have an idea, maybe we should give some incentives to Kinners so that he can spend some more time and release the mozilla photon sooner. If you need the new mozilla-photon and want to contribute, please PM me with the dollar amount and I will collect and pass to Kinners.

We should probably create a new forum like "Request a software", where people can ask for a new software to be ported or to be written, give the dollar amount he/she wants to pay. Developers can then pick up whatever he/she is interested or where his/her expertise is.
noc

Postby TheAlien » Mon Aug 05, 2002 3:03 am

http://www.openqnx.com/modules.php?op=m ... etit&lid=9

:!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

emulator? ICKKKKKK! It's not an emulator! An interperter... perhaps.. but not an emulator....

As for request software - not a bad idea.... I might have made some money this morning when phearbear asked me to port FriBidi ;o
TheAlien

Postby Phr0zenNemesis » Tue Aug 06, 2002 9:50 pm

I always thought of it as a 'wrapper' of sorts...
Phr0zenNemesis

Postby noc » Tue Aug 06, 2002 10:27 pm

I am not sure which is a good term: wrapper, intepreter, emulator. The reason I called it emulator is probably because of exceed. Hamingbird Exceed is called an X emulator, which allows you to run X protocol applications in Win32 native GUI. This is more or less similiar to XPhoton, which allows you to run X in Photon native GUI.
noc

Postby phearbear » Wed Aug 07, 2002 8:23 am

TheAlien wrote:
http://www.openqnx.com/modules.php?op=m ... etit&lid=9

:!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

emulator? ICKKKKKK! It's not an emulator! An interperter... perhaps.. but not an emulator....

As for request software - not a bad idea.... I might have made some money this morning when phearbear asked me to port FriBidi ;o

Hah! Too late! :)
I THink i'm gonna go ranting at the request software forum now, givvme everything! p
phearbear
QNX Master

Previous

Return to GUI Programming