Skip navigation.
Home
The QNX Community Portal

View topic - QNX documentaion

QNX documentaion

General Help about QNX

QNX documentaion

Postby glennpl » Fri May 03, 2013 2:00 am

I am a novice embedded programmer. I am seeking resources or books on QNX. I plan on getting the non comercial version of QNX(free download). I want to learn QNX operating system. Theres a QNX4 book at amazon and theres one on QNX neutrino(excuse spelling) not sure which book to purchase. I would like any information on acquiring documentation. Does QNX supply programming guide or documentation?
glennpl

Re: QNX documentaion

Postby maschoen » Fri May 03, 2013 6:38 am

The QNX 4 book is of little or no value with for QNX 6. If you mean the Robert Krten book, it's a good adjunct to the QNX documentation. The QNX documentation comes online with QNX but is available from QNX in book form for a price.
maschoen
QNX Master

Re: QNX documentaion

Postby Thunderblade » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:02 am

maschoen wrote:The QNX documentation comes online with QNX but is available from QNX in book form for a price.

I think QNX has discontinued offering the documentation in book form. But the most important part (I think ;)) is still available as a real book: The QNX System Architecture. And it makes sense, because it doesn't get outdated quickly and is the ideal book for newcomers to get into the philosophy of QNX.
Thunderblade

Return to Help