Skip navigation.
Home
The QNX Community Portal

View topic - Good bye QNX?

Good bye QNX?

All topics.

Re: Good bye QNX?

Postby HansHans » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:40 pm

BigBear wrote:Please stay awy from QNX in the future if you don't understand it and don't waste other peoples time. :lol:

I'm missing your arguments.

Simply telling somebody is wrong without giving any reasons is nothing what I would name a "professional discussion".
HansHans

Postby ingraham » Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:41 pm

BigBear wrote:By far most people use Windows as development environment, therefore this is not an issue.

Not sure where you're getting your data from on this. But if it's true, why bother with QNX at all? Self-hosted development is one of the only things that QNX has that is truly unique in the RTOS world.

BigBear wrote:PKGSRC is much more flexible than the old package installer. Obviously, the handling is more complicated but QNX is not for milksops :lol:

The old package installer sucked, for sure. But are you actually BRAGGING about pkgsrc being difficult to use?

BigBear wrote:Photon works very well, even for heavy-load applications. No need to switch to other systems.

It's not a question of switching to other systems. It's a question of available functionality. I've bitterly complained for years about the lack of any kind of vector graphics support. Maybe the Khronos / OpenGL ES stuff will eventually lead to OpenVG support, which would be something. Anyway, there are an awful lot of programs out there written in Qt or GTK+ that it would be nice to be able to leverage.

BigBear wrote:The documentation is perfect. But it is not suited for "Copy and Paste" programmers who are used to copy code snippets from the internet into their applications.

Perfect, huh?

BigBear wrote:Please stay awy (sic) from QNX in the future if you don't understand it and don't waste other peoples time. :lol:

Well, that attitude doesn't do much for the QNX community, does it? The guy is complaining about lack of support and you tell him not only that you won't help him but that he never should have asked in the first place. I'm glad the other people on this forum do not share your attitude.

-James Ingraham
Sage Automation, Inc.
ingraham

RE: Re: Good bye QNX?

Postby TDK731 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:45 pm

I think that it is VERY strange that HansHans uses the same useless phrases like elmi... :roll:
TDK731

RE: Re: Good bye QNX?

Postby maschoen » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:39 pm

TDK731,

What are your rates for detective work. You seem to be really good at it. :-).
maschoen
QNX Master

Postby BigBear » Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:23 pm

Elmi wrote:The major toolkits Qt and wxWidgets are still not available for QNX

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U05iuHL2b9M

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
BigBear

Previous

Return to Cafe