Home
The QNX Community Portal

View topic - Changing Resolution - QNX 4.23 with QNX Windows

Changing Resolution - QNX 4.23 with QNX Windows

For the old QNX2 and QNX4 RTOS

Changing Resolution - QNX 4.23 with QNX Windows

Postby Khab » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:47 pm

Hey all,

Sorry, completely inexperienced with QNX so apologies if this is a stupid question. We have an older workstation running QNX 4.23 and QNX Windows, which runs a few legacy applications.

Anyone who previously did the support for the machine we have been unable to contact.

Recently we have found that, a couple of rarely-used forms do not fit on the screen - it is only running at 640x480 resolution.

From what I can tell, it is using gr.vga for the graphics driver, and it appears that 640x480 is the highest res mode I can see in this - would this be correct?

The video card is a generic, unlabelled, PCI card - can't even see anything written on the chipset etc to identify it.

What I am trying to determine, is how we can change the resolution to, say, 800x600.

I have tried browsing through the forums here, and searching for gr.vga, but pretty much everything I can see refers to Photon which, as far as I am aware, we do not have.

Is anyone able please to shed any light on this?

Cheers
Khab
Khab

RE: Changing Resolution - QNX 4.23 with QNX Windows

Postby maschoen » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:34 pm

Yes there are drivers for higher resolution. Will they work with your generic card, ???? Can you swap out your generic card for something a little better ???

I think the driver for 800x600 is gr.svga although there are more specific ones. The support for Voodoo cards was pretty good and they are plentiful and cheap on eBay. I may be confusing Photon and QNX Windows support but at the end I think they were the same thing.
maschoen
QNX Master

Return to QNX2 and QNX4