Skip navigation.
Home
The QNX Community Portal

View topic - QNX2 boot diskette creation

QNX2 boot diskette creation

For the old QNX2 and QNX4 RTOS

Postby sioga » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:00 am

It works also on the plant.
Now I have to prepare some working backup copy but the smallest HD I have are from 1 to 5 GB.
If i run fdisc on them using disk.atc driver it gives me disk size that is not correct or negative.
Does your driver disk.ata solve the problem of larger disks?
I can create clones and they work but they always request manual BIOS HD settings.
Thank you again.
sioga

Postby sioga » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:02 am

Now I have to prepare some working backup copy but the smallest HD I have are from 1 to 5 GB.
If i run fdisc on them using disk.atc driver it gives me disk size that is not correct or negative.
I can create clones and they work but they always request manual BIOS HD settings.
Thank you again.
sioga

Postby sioga » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:03 am

Thank you again.
sioga

Postby maschoen » Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:06 am

sioga wrote:Now I have to prepare some working backup copy but the smallest HD I have are from 1 to 5 GB.

Probably.

Thank you again.

Most BIOS's require Head/Sectors/Cylinder values to boot off of a disk. Fortunately, even LBA drives simulate these numbers. Finding the right numbers is crucial and tricky. The best way I know of it so mount the driver and run fdisk. Try the values listed on the bottom of the screen.
maschoen
QNX Master

Previous

Return to QNX2 and QNX4