Home
The QNX Community Portal

View topic - BBX and QNX!?

BBX and QNX!?

Discussion about the QNX6 OS.

Re: BBX and QNX!?

Postby maschoen » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:35 pm

mario wrote:It's Android based

Not sure what you imply by "Annnnnnnnnnnd" ? ;-)

Well given that it's from Cisco, there was a reason to suspect that they might be using QNX, which would have been very exciting, at least to me.
Whether it was or not, you didn't say, which is why I said annnnnnnnnd?
maschoen
QNX Master

Postby camz » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:50 pm

maschoen wrote:I got it because it was QNX and $99 and I was curioius. I haven't looked too close yet, but a QNX tablet that I can load programs to is of interest to me.

Where did you find one for $99?

You should be able to load your own programs on soon, I beleive the NDK was announced at the BlackBerry Developer Conference a few weeks ago.

Cheers,
Camz.
camz

Postby maschoen » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:54 pm

There was a Rim/Blackberry conference in San Francisco. To just see the exhibits (and eat lunch) it was $99. But you got a Playbook.
maschoen
QNX Master

Postby Thunderblade » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:28 am

Of course BBX will *not* replace QNX. RIM just noticed that it's a bit stupid to have the "BlackBerry Tablet OS" (which is QNX plus RIM-specific extensions) on their future phones. That's why they searched for a new name. They couldn't use QNX, because RIM's platform is QNX plus some stuff that's only available for RIM (and some parts *may* become part of standard QNX in the future). So they decided for "BBX" - short for BlackBerry on QNX.

can I really download Momentics for Windows for free?

No, you can download the NDK, not Momentics. Although there are similarities, there are also big differences. The most important one is a legal one: The NDK is only for developing BBX applications. Using it for anything else, especially non-BlackBerry, but QNX-specific commercial deployment, would be illegal.
Thunderblade

Previous

Return to QNX6 - OS