I create efs-image use mkefs:

Code: Select all
mkefs my_efs.bld my_image.efs

Can i mount this image?
In QNX possible to mount the image, such as img, using the following commands:
Code: Select all
devb-loopback blk cache=128k,auto=none loopback fd=/tmp/q4.img
mount -tqnx4 /dev/lo0 /q4flash

But mount attempt efs image fails, because i can't specify type filesystem for efs in mount command.
How i can mount this image?
Thanks.
Oleg

Re: QNX: mount efs

Postby cshamoh » Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:38 pm

Bump.
I'd love to know that too...
cshamoh

Re: QNX: mount efs

Postby Tim » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:50 pm

I think what you need to do is use devf-ram to create a RAM drive that simulates Flash Memory.
I've personally never done this but reading the doc's for:

devf-ram
http://www.qnx.com/developers/docs/6.3. ... f-ram.html

seems to indicate this is what you need to use.

At this link look at the 'transferring an image to flash' section where they have the following:
$ cat ipl_image flash_image > /dev/fs0

If you use the hd utility on the raw mountpoint again, you'll see that your flash that had initially all bits set to ones (0xFF) now contains your partition images. To use the flash filesystem partition, you need to slay the driver and start it again so it can recognize the partitions and mount them. For instance, with devf-ram:

$ slay devf-ram
$ devf-ram &

From this point, you have a /fs0p1 mountpoint that's in fact a directory and contains the files you specified with mkefs to create your flash image. There's no /fs0p0, because the boot image isn't recognized by the flash filesystem. It's still accessible as a raw mountpoint via /dev/fs0p0. You can do the same operations on /dev/fs0p0 that you could do with /dev/fs0. Even /dev/fs0p1 is accessible, but be careful not to write to this partition while applications are using the flash filesystem at /fs0p1. Try:

$ /fs0p1/ls /fs0p1

You've just executed ls from your flash filesystem and you've listed its contents. To conclude, let's say that what we did in this example is a good starting point for when you customize the flash filesystem to your own platforms. These baby steps should be the first steps to using a full-blown filesystem on your target.

http://www.qnx.com/developers/docs/6.3. ... g_nto.html

Tim
Tim

Return to QNX6 - OS