Home
The QNX Community Portal

View topic - phlip - alias entries

phlip - alias entries

Discussion about the QNX6 OS.

phlip - alias entries

Postby WhiteRabbits » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:25 pm

QNX 6.5

I make an alias entry with 'add' for en0. When I 'apply', the entry disappears. Ifconfig en0 shows the alias IP address and I can ping it.
This alias is not persistent after reboot. It is, when I make a manual entry in /etc/net.cfg

However, when I launch phlip once again and close without making entries or applying/saving anything, the manual entry (the line starting with 'alias ...') in /etc/net.cfg is lost and I'm back to the non-alias configuration from the start.

================================================== /etc/net.cfg
# nto network config file v1.2
version v1.2

[global]
hostname GLT-Naurod
domain naurod
nameserver 192.168.178.11
route 192.168.178.11 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0
lookup file bind

[en0]
type ethernet
mode manual
manual_ip 192.168.178.24
manual_netmask 255.255.255.0
alias 192.168.178.123 255.255.255.0

[en1]
type ethernet
mode manual
manual_ip 10.227.3.24
manual_netmask 255.255.255.0
==================================================

I have the workaround as described above, but it's a little bit annoying. Does anyone know more where I'm wrong ?
Helge
WhiteRabbits

Re: phlip - alias entries

Postby maschoen » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:34 pm

WhiteRabbits wrote:QNX 6.5

I make an alias entry with 'add' for en0. When I 'apply', the entry disappears. Ifconfig en0 shows the alias IP address and I can ping it.
This alias is not persistent after reboot. It is, when I make a manual entry in /etc/net.cfg

However, when I launch phlip once again and close without making entries or applying/saving anything, the manual entry (the line starting with 'alias ...') in /etc/net.cfg is lost and I'm back to the non-alias configuration from the start.

Does anyone know more where I'm wrong ?
Helge

I haven't tried this, but it looks like you have found a bug in philip. The obvious kludge solution is to make a backup copy of the working net.cfg file and copy it back at boot time before net.cfg is processed.
If you have a service contract with QNX you might want to report this to them.
maschoen
QNX Master

Re: phlip - alias entries

Postby WhiteRabbits » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:55 pm

Thank you for the quick answer.

My tongue reported that the burgundy was excellent, and Martin reassured me that it might NOT have been too much of it when I was feeling this issue out.
I don't have a support plan, but I filed a maybe-bugreport to QNX anyway. As I said, I don't care too much about this, it's just a little bit annoying.

Kindly, Helge
WhiteRabbits

Return to QNX6 - OS