Skip navigation.
Home
The QNX Community Portal

View topic - Which SQL database with GUI to insert/edit data for QNX6.5?

Which SQL database with GUI to insert/edit data for QNX6.5?

Discussion about the general applications that run on QNX6

Which SQL database with GUI to insert/edit data for QNX6.5?

Postby Pilotek » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:16 am

Good morning/afternoon QNX enthusiasts,
please is there in 2012 any SQL Database (with good perspective of future existence/development, preferably free, something like MySQL) with GUI to enter/view/edit data in database tables under QNX6.5 (or maybe even PseudoGraphicUI like was for SybaseSQL under QNX4) for QNX6.5?

If yes, what database/which version and where to download it successfully compiled for QNX6.5?

Thank you.
Pilotek
Senior Member
 
Posts: 124
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:52 pm

Re: Which SQL database with GUI to insert/edit data for QNX6

Postby Pilotek » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:36 am

So more simple question:
Is there any front end (Administrator, Workbench) for MySQL under QNX6.5?

I mean something to browse/sort/insert/edit/delete data in SQL tables?
Or everything must be created as an application under e.g. PhAB?
Pilotek
Senior Member
 
Posts: 124
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:52 pm

Re: Which SQL database with GUI to insert/edit data for QNX6

Postby maschoen » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:59 am

Pilotek wrote:Good morning/afternoon QNX enthusiasts,
please is there in 2012 any SQL Database (with good perspective of future existence/development, preferably free, something like MySQL) with GUI to enter/view/edit data in database tables under QNX6.5 (or maybe even PseudoGraphicUI like was for SybaseSQL under QNX4) for QNX6.5?

If yes, what database/which version and where to download it successfully compiled for QNX6.5?

Thank you.


QNX provides GDB which is a front end for SQLite.
maschoen
QNX Master
 
Posts: 2640
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2003 5:18 pm

Re: Which SQL database with GUI to insert/edit data for QNX6

Postby maschoen » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:00 am

Pilotek wrote:So more simple question:
Is there any front end (Administrator, Workbench) for MySQL under QNX6.5?

I mean something to browse/sort/insert/edit/delete data in SQL tables?
Or everything must be created as an application under e.g. PhAB?


Yes, it's the mysql program. It allows you to connect to a database and enter any SQL statement you want. If you know SQL this is can be very useful.
maschoen
QNX Master
 
Posts: 2640
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2003 5:18 pm

Re: Which SQL database with GUI to insert/edit data for QNX6

Postby Pilotek » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:28 am

Thank you maschoen.
Last days I found something about simple QDB (QNX implementation of SQLite) which should be a part of QNX Neutrino 6.5.0 installation?
Is that true? Or it is a part (SW component) which should be ordered (and paid for) separately?

Didn't you mean QDB?
Pilotek
Senior Member
 
Posts: 124
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:52 pm

Re: Which SQL database with GUI to insert/edit data for QNX6

Postby maschoen » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:21 pm

Pilotek wrote:Thank you maschoen.
Last days I found something about simple QDB (QNX implementation of SQLite) which should be a part of QNX Neutrino 6.5.0 installation?
Is that true? Or it is a part (SW component) which should be ordered (and paid for) separately?

Didn't you mean QDB?


Yes, QDB the database, GDB of course is the debugger. QDB comes with 6.5.
maschoen
QNX Master
 
Posts: 2640
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2003 5:18 pm

Re: Which SQL database with GUI to insert/edit data for QNX6

Postby nguyen1805 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:44 pm

but how install QBD?? how download this lib?? I view in Download Center of QNX but not find local of lib
Please help me
Thanks
nguyen1805
New Member
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:37 am


Return to QNX6 - Applications

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest