Home
The QNX Community Portal

View topic - creating a bootable qnx 6.6 image

creating a bootable qnx 6.6 image

Discussion about the QNX6 OS.

Re: creating a bootable qnx 6.6 image

Postby ClaudeHasler » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:26 pm

UPDATE: success!

i remade the partition as a qnx6 filesystem with -b to make it bootable. copying ifs-x86-generic.bin into the ./boot directory on my qnx6 partition now works!

Thanks alot for the support guys

One last issue: im trying to ping the qnx PC from my developmet PC.

using ifconfig I see a wm0 and a wm1 with ips 192.168.1.10 and .11 respectively. both are enabled = 0.
plugging an ethernet cable into the pc shows one with media:Ethernet autoselect(blabla) the other with media: Ethernet none. Im assuming this means it recognizes at least one of the network cards?

when i ping from my PC with IP 192.168.1.21 i dont receive a response and also when pinging from my QNX machine to my PC's IP i dont get a response. Any reason why this is? I checked /dev and i dont see io-net anywhere. Does this mean I'm missing drivers for my ethernet cards?¨

EDIT: the two PCs are connected over a switch.

EDIT2: I tried the following:

Code: Select all
io-pkt-v6- -de1000 & waitfor /dev/socket
dhcp.client

still no success
ClaudeHasler

Re: creating a bootable qnx 6.6 image

Postby Tim » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:56 pm

io-pkt replaced io-net in QNX 6.5 and later.

This is your start call

io-pkt-v6-hc -de1000 &

Assuming you have a de1000 type Ethernet card in your PC then I'd suggest adding the -ptcpip option to the driver to tell it you want to do TCPIP protocol (supposed to do this by default but I don't trust that).

I will assume you can ping the loop back address (127.0.0.1)...

What else does ifconfig report?

You might want to run Wireshark on your PC and see what network traffic there is when you try pinging to your QNX machine.

Tim
Tim

Previous

Return to QNX6 - OS