IDE Debugger

bridged with qdn.public.qnxrtp.newuser
Post Reply
Johannes

IDE Debugger

Post by Johannes » Thu Jun 12, 2003 1:47 am

Hi, I wonder if I could do the following in IDE debugger:
1. Skip some instructions and start execution at another location, ie. to
change the Instruction Pointer.
2. Trace back previous instructions, like <ctrl+back arrow> in QNX 4.2
Watcom debugger.
Thanks.

Alex Chapiro

Re: IDE Debugger

Post by Alex Chapiro » Thu Jun 12, 2003 12:47 pm

You cannot have more functionality than gdb supports. So answers are: 1)Yes
; 2)No.
To use the 1-st option select a target line, open pull down menu and select
"resume at line"

Alex

"Johannes" <Jsukamtoh@infolink.co.id> wrote in message
Hi, I wonder if I could do the following in IDE debugger:
1. Skip some instructions and start execution at another location, ie. to
change the Instruction Pointer.
2. Trace back previous instructions, like <ctrl+back arrow> in QNX 4.2
Watcom debugger.
Thanks.

Johannes

Re: IDE Debugger

Post by Johannes » Mon Jun 16, 2003 1:21 pm

Thanks Alex, but I can't find "resume at line". At present I am using IDE
6.2.0.

Hi, I wonder if I could do the following in IDE debugger:
1. Skip some instructions and start execution at another location, ie.
change the Instruction Pointer.
2. Trace back previous instructions, like <ctrl+back arrow> in QNX 4.2
Watcom debugger.
Thanks.

Johannes

Re: IDE Debugger

Post by Johannes » Tue Aug 05, 2003 12:17 pm

I have installed 6.2.1B and still can't find the option "resume at line".
Can you tell me which version are you referring to?

Hi, I wonder if I could do the following in IDE debugger:
1. Skip some instructions and start execution at another location, ie.
change the Instruction Pointer.
2. Trace back previous instructions, like <ctrl+back arrow> in QNX 4.2
Watcom debugger.
Thanks.

David Gibbs

Re: IDE Debugger

Post by David Gibbs » Tue Aug 05, 2003 10:17 pm

Johannes <Jsukamtoh@infolink.co.id> wrote:
I have installed 6.2.1B and still can't find the option "resume at line".
Can you tell me which version are you referring to?
I can't either -- I can find a "Run To C/C++ Line", but that will
execute all the intervening code.

Maybe it's been added for 6.3.0?

-David

Hi, I wonder if I could do the following in IDE debugger:
1. Skip some instructions and start execution at another location, ie.
change the Instruction Pointer.
2. Trace back previous instructions, like <ctrl+back arrow> in QNX 4.2
Watcom debugger.
Thanks.

http://www.qnx.com/support/training/
Please followup in this newsgroup if you have further questions.

Johannes

Re: IDE Debugger

Post by Johannes » Fri Aug 08, 2003 12:29 pm

I also wish to see that in 6.3.0

Hi, I wonder if I could do the following in IDE debugger:
1. Skip some instructions and start execution at another location,
ie.
change the Instruction Pointer.
2. Trace back previous instructions, like <ctrl+back arrow> in QNX
4.2
Watcom debugger.
Thanks.

http://www.qnx.com/support/training/
Please followup in this newsgroup if you have further questions.

Post Reply

Return to “qdn.public.qnxrtp.newuser”