Upgrading from Eval copy

bridged with qdn.public.qnxrtp.newuser
Post Reply
David Barclay

Upgrading from Eval copy

Post by David Barclay » Thu Sep 11, 2003 5:53 pm

I had the evaluation copy of 6.2.1A loaded on my system.
I just received the Permanent copy. I clicked on
"Installer" but it said there was nothing new.

What must I do to make my system permanant?

Roger Smith

Re: Upgrading from Eval copy

Post by Roger Smith » Tue Sep 23, 2003 8:43 pm

David Barclay wrote:
I had the evaluation copy of 6.2.1A loaded on my system.
I just received the Permanent copy. I clicked on
"Installer" but it said there was nothing new.

What must I do to make my system permanant?
I think you need to reinstall from scratch. That's how it was with the
Beta versions I've used in the past.

Jeff Baker

Re: Upgrading from Eval copy

Post by Jeff Baker » Thu Sep 25, 2003 3:25 pm

All you have to do is update your temporary FLEXlm license with the
permanent one you should have recieved with your permanent copy.

"David Barclay" <DBarclay@HollandCo.com> wrote in message
I had the evaluation copy of 6.2.1A loaded on my system.
I just received the Permanent copy. I clicked on
"Installer" but it said there was nothing new.

What must I do to make my system permanant?

Bill Caroselli

Re: Upgrading from Eval copy

Post by Bill Caroselli » Thu Sep 25, 2003 3:36 pm

I'm working on a Neutrino/X86 self hosted system.
I don't think there is a FLEXlm license.
Doesn't that apply to Window Systems only?

Jeff Baker <jbaker@qnx.com> wrote:
JB > All you have to do is update your temporary FLEXlm license with the
JB > permanent one you should have recieved with your permanent copy.

JB > "David Barclay" <DBarclay@HollandCo.com> wrote in message
JB > news:bjqcqa$jlc$2@inn.qnx.com...
I had the evaluation copy of 6.2.1A loaded on my system.
I just received the Permanent copy. I clicked on
"Installer" but it said there was nothing new.

What must I do to make my system permanant?

Jeff Baker

Re: Upgrading from Eval copy

Post by Jeff Baker » Fri Sep 26, 2003 6:34 pm

Sorry, yes. This only applies to Solaris and Windows.

"Bill Caroselli" <qtps@earthlink.net> wrote in message
I'm working on a Neutrino/X86 self hosted system.
I don't think there is a FLEXlm license.
Doesn't that apply to Window Systems only?

Jeff Baker <jbaker@qnx.com> wrote:
JB > All you have to do is update your temporary FLEXlm license with the
JB > permanent one you should have recieved with your permanent copy.

JB > "David Barclay" <DBarclay@HollandCo.com> wrote in message
JB > news:bjqcqa$jlc$2@inn.qnx.com...
I had the evaluation copy of 6.2.1A loaded on my system.
I just received the Permanent copy. I clicked on
"Installer" but it said there was nothing new.

What must I do to make my system permanant?

Post Reply

Return to “qdn.public.qnxrtp.newuser”