Evaluating QNX for set top box & need help

bridged with qdn.public.qnxrtp.newuser
Post Reply
Andrew Stuart

Evaluating QNX for set top box & need help

Post by Andrew Stuart » Wed Oct 29, 2003 1:29 am

Hello I am evaluating QNX for use in a set top box.

I need the Netstream 2000 drivers for MPEG playback however and it appears
that these are not distributed with the non commercial version of QNX.

I have not had any luck getting these from my local distributor (Australia).

I know they exist because the media player application includes an option to
"use Netstream 2000 where possible".

Could someone please email me the required drivers or point me to where I
can get them?

Thanks in advance.

Andrew Stuart
astuart@mira.net

Eric Johnson

Re: Evaluating QNX for set top box & need help

Post by Eric Johnson » Wed Nov 05, 2003 4:30 pm

Hi Andrew -

The public forums really aren't the place to get this kind of information
from QNX, as these forums are browsed only casually by QNX technical staff
(the public forums are mainly to facilitate peer help amongst customers),
and the availability of multimedia codecs is more a business issue than a
technical one. I regret you had such a difficult time trying to get the
information you needed. Obviously much went wrong here at several levels,
starting with what appears to be a commercial evaluation being done on the
basis of QNX Momentics NC instead of a commercial evaluation system. I've
sent you an email with more details.

Regards,

- Eric

"Andrew Stuart" <astuart@mira.net> wrote in message
I'm rather disappointed that I received no response to this request for
help
during our evaluation.

Hello I am evaluating QNX for use in a set top box.

I need the Netstream 2000 drivers for MPEG playback however and it appears
that these are not distributed with the non commercial version of QNX.

I have not had any luck getting these from my local distributor
(Australia).

I know they exist because the media player application includes an option
"use Netstream 2000 where possible".

Could someone please email me the required drivers or point me to where I
can get them?

Thanks in advance.

Andrew Stuart
astuart@mira.net

Andrew Stuart

Re: Evaluating QNX for set top box & need help

Post by Andrew Stuart » Thu Nov 06, 2003 2:42 pm

Thanks Eric - I appreciate your assistance and your email threw some light
on the situation with the Netstream.

Cheers and thanks

Andrew Stuart

Hello I am evaluating QNX for use in a set top box.

I need the Netstream 2000 drivers for MPEG playback however and it
appears
that these are not distributed with the non commercial version of QNX.

I have not had any luck getting these from my local distributor
(Australia).

I know they exist because the media player application includes an
option
"use Netstream 2000 where possible".

Could someone please email me the required drivers or point me to
where
can get them?

Thanks in advance.

Andrew Stuart