Does QNX work on the COMMELL LV-670M?

bridged with qdn.public.qnxrtp.installation
Post Reply
John Nagle

Does QNX work on the COMMELL LV-670M?

Post by John Nagle » Sun Aug 17, 2003 5:35 pm

The COMMELL LV-670M is a little Mini-ITX motherboard. It's
an x86 PC with a Pentium 4 and the usual peripherals. It
also has industrial features, like disk-on-chip, a
watchdog timer, and a temperature spec to 60C. Retails
for $335. Sounds like a nice QNX platform for industrial/
mobile applications.

http://www.bwi.com/scripts/site/site_pr ... 3/id/6877/

Has anybody tried QNX on it?

John Nagle
Team Overbot

Rennie Allen

Re: Does QNX work on the COMMELL LV-670M?

Post by Rennie Allen » Sun Aug 17, 2003 6:20 pm

John Nagle wrote:
The COMMELL LV-670M is a little Mini-ITX motherboard. It's
an x86 PC with a Pentium 4 and the usual peripherals. It
also has industrial features, like disk-on-chip, a
watchdog timer, and a temperature spec to 60C. Retails
for $335. Sounds like a nice QNX platform for industrial/
mobile applications.

http://www.bwi.com/scripts/site/site_pr ... 3/id/6877/

Has anybody tried QNX on it?
I haven't, but if I was interested in it, I'd be likely to risk $335 and order
it in, since the manufacturer states that it supports QNX :-)

Rennie

Igor Kovalenko

Re: Does QNX work on the COMMELL LV-670M?

Post by Igor Kovalenko » Mon Aug 18, 2003 2:25 am

It also states that ACPI is supported, which is a big enough hint. It means
that an ACPI compliant OS is meant to run. That would be generic Windows.
I'd be surprized if QNX did not work then.

"Rennie Allen" <rgallen@attbi.com> wrote in message
John Nagle wrote:
The COMMELL LV-670M is a little Mini-ITX motherboard. It's
an x86 PC with a Pentium 4 and the usual peripherals. It
also has industrial features, like disk-on-chip, a
watchdog timer, and a temperature spec to 60C. Retails
for $335. Sounds like a nice QNX platform for industrial/
mobile applications.

http://www.bwi.com/scripts/site/site_pr ... 3/id/6877/

Has anybody tried QNX on it?

I haven't, but if I was interested in it, I'd be likely to risk $335 and
order
it in, since the manufacturer states that it supports QNX :-)

Rennie

John Nagle

Re: Does QNX work on the COMMELL LV-670M?

Post by John Nagle » Mon Aug 18, 2003 4:35 am

Thanks.

While we're on this subject, does anyone know of
a mobile/industrial ruggedized case for Mini-ITX boards?
The only one I've been able to find is from Opus Solutions,
and it's not shipping yet.

http://www.opussolutions.com/itx_work.html

It's surprising that the Mini-ITX machines haven't
caught on more in the industrial market. The lower
powered ones, powered by Via Eden CPUs, are cheaper
and more powerful than most other embedded
solutions in the same size range.

John Nagle
Team Overbot

Post Reply

Return to “qdn.public.qnxrtp.installation”