how many fds opened?

bridged with qdn.public.qnxrtp.os
Post Reply
inn.qnx.com

how many fds opened?

Post by inn.qnx.com » Fri Nov 28, 2003 1:20 am

Can we find out how many fds are opened in QNX through code??

David Gibbs

Re: how many fds opened?

Post by David Gibbs » Fri Nov 28, 2003 4:27 pm

inn.qnx.com <tburhan@dodo.com.au> wrote:
Can we find out how many fds are opened in QNX through code??
Per-process? System wide? Per server?

From inside the process that has the fds open, from outside?

The information is probably available by using devctl()s on the
/proc filesystem -- I just don't know the right ones off-hand.

http://www.qnx.com/support/training/
Please followup in this newsgroup if you have further questions.

Igor Kovalenko

Re: how many fds opened?

Post by Igor Kovalenko » Fri Nov 28, 2003 10:24 pm

Spin shows that information, along other things.
-- igor

"David Gibbs" <dagibbs@qnx.com> wrote in message
inn.qnx.com <tburhan@dodo.com.au> wrote:
Can we find out how many fds are opened in QNX through code??

Per-process? System wide? Per server?

From inside the process that has the fds open, from outside?

The information is probably available by using devctl()s on the
/proc filesystem -- I just don't know the right ones off-hand.

http://www.qnx.com/support/training/
Please followup in this newsgroup if you have further questions.

Alain Bonnefoy

Re: how many fds opened?

Post by Alain Bonnefoy » Mon Dec 01, 2003 7:29 am

Hi,
As you talk about spin Igor, I want to tell you about a problem you may
know yet.
When you launch spin with default parameters, you start it with a 1
second refresh delay.
The problem is that you initialize the 1 second timer with the nsec
timespec field:

itime.it_value.tv_sec = 0;
itime.it_value.tv_nsec = interval/10;
itime.it_interval.tv_sec = 0;
itime.it_interval.tv_nsec = interval;

Strangely that works on many targets but hangs on some others, the timer
never fires.

I suggest you take care about interval value to initialize correctly the
structure using nsec or sec or limit the interval value to 990
micro-second and set the default value accordingly.

Cheers,
Alain.

Igor Kovalenko a écrit:
Spin shows that information, along other things.
-- igor

"David Gibbs" <dagibbs@qnx.com> wrote in message

inn.qnx.com <tburhan@dodo.com.au> wrote:

Can we find out how many fds are opened in QNX through code??

Per-process? System wide? Per server?

From inside the process that has the fds open, from outside?

The information is probably available by using devctl()s on the
/proc filesystem -- I just don't know the right ones off-hand.

http://www.qnx.com/support/training/
Please followup in this newsgroup if you have further questions.

Post Reply

Return to “qdn.public.qnxrtp.os”