Hyper Threading

bridged with qdn.public.qnxrtp.os
Post Reply
Johannes

Hyper Threading

Post by Johannes » Tue Dec 02, 2003 1:26 am

Does Neutrino supports Hyper Threading? My system has over 100 processes
with lots of sockets open. When I have Hyper Threading enabled, the system
works fine until it reaches 60 processes where it becomes very slow. But it
works fine when I have Hyper Threading disabled. Any idea why?

Mario Charest

Re: Hyper Threading

Post by Mario Charest » Tue Dec 02, 2003 4:08 am

"Johannes" <Jsukamtoh@infolink.co.id> wrote in message
Does Neutrino supports Hyper Threading?
Only to the degree that it things it's too CPU (there is no hyper-thread
optimisation in the kernel)
My system has over 100 processes
with lots of sockets open. When I have Hyper Threading enabled, the system
works fine until it reaches 60 processes where it becomes very slow. But
it
works fine when I have Hyper Threading disabled. Any idea why?
Hyper-threading is known to sometime slow does software, but you mention
*very* so I doesn't look related ;-)

Maybe you software aren't thread safe?

Can you be more elaborate on how you define "very slow"?

Post Reply

Return to “qdn.public.qnxrtp.os”