Post Reply
ed1k

devc-ser8250 again

Post by ed1k » Tue Dec 23, 2003 2:09 am

Hello,

Am I right that software flow control doesn't work with character devices in QNX 6.1-6.2.1
(particularly with devc-ser8250)?

Thanks in advance,
Eduard.

P.S. Do people read qdn.public.ddk newsgroup?

Geoff Roberts

Re: devc-ser8250 again

Post by Geoff Roberts » Mon Dec 29, 2003 12:41 pm

ed1k wrote:
Hello,

Am I right that software flow control doesn't work with character devices in QNX 6.1-6.2.1
(particularly with devc-ser8250)?

Thanks in advance,
Eduard.

P.S. Do people read qdn.public.ddk newsgroup?
Yes.

I saw your post and responded to your invalid email address. I rarely
post to newsgroups thesedays...

Geoff Roberts

Realtime Technology Systems Pty Ltd
2 Hadleigh Circuit
Isabella Plains
ACT 2905
AUSTRALIA

Phone: 61-2-6291 3833
Fax: 61-2-6291 3838
Mobile: 0408 673 993
Email: ger2@NOSPAMrtts.com.au

Mario Charest

Re: devc-ser8250 again

Post by Mario Charest » Mon Dec 29, 2003 5:52 pm

Upgrade this technique cause robot can EASELY get around it these days...

Robert Krten

Re: devc-ser8250 again

Post by Robert Krten » Mon Dec 29, 2003 11:57 pm

Mario Charest <postmaster@localhost.com> wrote:
Email: ger2@NOSPAMrtts.com.au

Upgrade this technique cause robot can EASELY get around it these days...
And I'm sure "localhost.com" is thrilled about the bounces to postmaster :-)

Cheers,
-RK

--
[If replying via email, you'll need to click on the URL that's emailed to you
afterwards to forward the email to me -- spam filters and all that]

ed1k

Re: devc-ser8250 again

Post by ed1k » Tue Dec 30, 2003 1:11 am

In article <bspob1$s4l$1@inn.qnx.com>, postmaster@localhost.com says...
Email: ger2@NOSPAMrtts.com.au

Upgrade this technique cause robot can EASELY get around it these days...
I see this technique in text (message body) and in field "Reply-To:" in header, but field "From:" in
message header includes e-mail address without any antispam technique :)

I'm sorry for my invalid e-mail address which I use for these public newsgroups...

I'll try to get in touch by e-mail.

eduard

Mario Charest

Re: devc-ser8250 again

Post by Mario Charest » Tue Dec 30, 2003 5:26 am

"Robert Krten" <rk@parse.com> wrote in message
Mario Charest <postmaster@localhost.com> wrote:
Email: ger2@NOSPAMrtts.com.au

Upgrade this technique cause robot can EASELY get around it these
days...

And I'm sure "localhost.com" is thrilled about the bounces to postmaster
:-)
Damn I never though localhost.com was a real site. It's changed to
127.0.0.1 ;-)

Thanks Rob.
Cheers,
-RK

--
[If replying via email, you'll need to click on the URL that's emailed to
you
afterwards to forward the email to me -- spam filters and all that]
Robert Krten, PDP minicomputer collector http://www.parse.com/~pdp8/

Bill Caroselli

Re: devc-ser8250 again

Post by Bill Caroselli » Tue Dec 30, 2003 2:04 pm

Mario Charest <postmaster@127.0.0.1> wrote:

MC > "Robert Krten" <rk@parse.com> wrote in message
And I'm sure "localhost.com" is thrilled about the bounces to postmaster
MC > :-)
MC > Damn I never though localhost.com was a real site. It's changed to
nslookup localhost.com
Server: hol_serv01a.hollandco.com
Address: 192.168.1.23

Name: localhost.com