Intel ICH5

bridged with qdn.public.qnxrtp.os
Post Reply
Lewis Donzis

Intel ICH5

Post by Lewis Donzis » Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:47 pm

Is there any DMA-mode support for the Intel ICH5 in devb-eide? It seems
like many motherboards with 800MHz FSB use these devices. We don't
specifically need SATA, but would like to be able to use DMA mode for
regular ATA drives.

Thanks,

lew

Art Hays

Re: Intel ICH5

Post by Art Hays » Sat Jan 10, 2004 3:00 am

The driver that came with 6.21A PE supports the ICH4. You
can patch the binary, replacing the device id for the ICH4 with that of the
ICH5. There are three locations to patch. I've done this and
it works fine (with SATA).
--
Art Hays
National Institutes of Health

"Lewis Donzis" <lew@perftech.com> wrote in message news:bspv1m$30r$1@inn.qnx.com...
Is there any DMA-mode support for the Intel ICH5 in devb-eide? It seems
like many motherboards with 800MHz FSB use these devices. We don't
specifically need SATA, but would like to be able to use DMA mode for
regular ATA drives.

Thanks,

lew

Post Reply