Floppy driver source code

bridged with qdn.public.qnxrtp.devtools
Post Reply
Otto Mixa

Floppy driver source code

Post by Otto Mixa » Mon Nov 18, 2002 12:19 pm

Hello,
does anybody knoe where i can find floppy driver source code for any QNX
OS.I need rewrite it to QNX neutrino microkernel which doesn' support
floppy.
Thanks.
Otto

Adam Mallory

Re: Floppy driver source code

Post by Adam Mallory » Mon Nov 18, 2002 2:34 pm

What kind of floppy are you looking to support under Neutrino?

Adam

QNX Software Systems Ltd.
[ amallory@qnx.com ]
With a PC, I always felt limited by the software available.
On Unix, I am limited only by my knowledge.
--Peter J. Schoenster <pschon@baste.magibox.net>

Otto Mixa <ottomixa@email.cz> wrote in message
Hello,
does anybody knoe where i can find floppy driver source code for any QNX
OS.I need rewrite it to QNX neutrino microkernel which doesn' support
floppy.
Thanks.
Otto

Adam Mallory

Re: Floppy driver source code

Post by Adam Mallory » Mon Nov 18, 2002 2:37 pm

Err, just saw the next posting - you should direct this types of requests
(source) to your Sales rep.

Hello,
does anybody knoe where i can find floppy driver source code for any QNX
OS.I need rewrite it to QNX neutrino microkernel which doesn' support
floppy.
Thanks.
Otto

John Garvey

Post by John Garvey » Mon Nov 18, 2002 6:31 pm

Otto Mixa <ottomixa@email.cz> wrote:
does anybody knoe where i can find floppy driver source code for any QNX
OS.I need rewrite it to QNX neutrino microkernel which doesn' support
floppy.
If you're asking this for LS-120, then those devices just have an EIDE
interface, and so the "devb-eide" driver will support it ...

Otto Mixa

Re: Floppy driver source code

Post by Otto Mixa » Wed Nov 20, 2002 3:54 pm

Hello,

I think I don't need direct to Sales dep. I think I can write it by myslef.

But because I'm also trying use QNX 6.2NC I know that its already support
floppy disks.

And QNX neutrino microkernel 2 I think too.

So I'm asking only for some kind of example or sample how to write floppy
device driver

for QNX neutrino microkernel 1.0. Because in official documentation there
isn't quite

informations which I can use. And I'm really like open source...If somebody
already wrote it,

why I have lost a time, I can only modified it to my purposes and I will
share it to next.

I think with this way can all operating systems grow up.

So can somebody send me some links or suggestion base on which I can write
floppy device driver.

Thanks

Otto

Hello,
does anybody knoe where i can find floppy driver source code for any
QNX
OS.I need rewrite it to QNX neutrino microkernel which doesn' support
floppy.
Thanks.
Otto

Colin Burgess

Re: Floppy driver source code

Why are you using Neutrino 1.0?

--
cburgess@qnx.com

Otto Mixa

Re: Floppy driver source code

Post by Otto Mixa » Thu Nov 21, 2002 9:03 am

So I havn't got LS-120, but standart floppy device, so I need "Devb-fd"
driver, so I will write it by myself, thanks for your investigation. All
opinions are wellcome.

Otto

"John Garvey" <jgarvey@qnx.com> wrote in message
Otto Mixa <ottomixa@email.cz> wrote:
does anybody knoe where i can find floppy driver source code for any QNX
OS.I need rewrite it to QNX neutrino microkernel which doesn' support
floppy.

If you're asking this for LS-120, then those devices just have an EIDE
interface, and so the "devb-eide" driver will support it ...

Otto Mixa

Re: Floppy driver source code

Post by Otto Mixa » Thu Nov 21, 2002 9:04 am

I'm just working on some project for some company, and they are using it for
very good purposes. And it still working good... except some kernell bug :-)
But I think its very good emmbeded system. But terrible is that almost
anybody don't know about this version of QNX.

All opinions are wellcome.

Hello,
does anybody knoe where i can find floppy driver source code for
any
QNX
OS.I need rewrite it to QNX neutrino microkernel which doesn'
support
floppy.
Thanks.
Otto

--
cburgess@qnx.com

Hardware Support Account

Re: Floppy driver source code

Post by Hardware Support Account » Wed Nov 27, 2002 4:36 pm

Hi Otto,

You can get the source code for this driver for 6.2 if you would like, however
you have to talk to your sales rep and they will make the request for you. It
won't take long (I'm the one they will be asking eventually and I already
have it packaged up). If you would like to get source, talking to the sale
rep is the official channel for doing so. I cannot give out source to
requests that haven't come in through the sales reps.

However it should be noted that if you are porting this to Neutrino 1.0, there
may be many changes to the cam interface that Neutrino 2.0 has and Neutrino 1.0
doesn't have. So this may result in alot more work.

So if you still would like the source talk to your sales rep and we will gladly
help you out. Please note though, that we do not provide support for modified
code.

Erick.

Otto Mixa <ottomixa@email.cz> wrote:
So I havn't got LS-120, but standart floppy device, so I need "Devb-fd"
driver, so I will write it by myself, thanks for your investigation. All
opinions are wellcome.

Otto

"John Garvey" <jgarvey@qnx.com> wrote in message
Otto Mixa <ottomixa@email.cz> wrote:
does anybody knoe where i can find floppy driver source code for any QNX
OS.I need rewrite it to QNX neutrino microkernel which doesn' support
floppy.

If you're asking this for LS-120, then those devices just have an EIDE
interface, and so the "devb-eide" driver will support it ...

Post Reply

Return to “qdn.public.qnxrtp.devtools”