Appbuilder & eclipse

bridged with qdn.public.qnxrtp.devtools
Post Reply
Alex Cellarius

Appbuilder & eclipse

Post by Alex Cellarius » Thu Jan 30, 2003 5:33 am

I see it isn't possible to directly open an Appbuilder
project if it was created with the Eclipse IDE.
It would be useful sometimes to be able to do this.

Doug Smith

Re: Appbuilder & eclipse

Post by Doug Smith » Thu Jan 30, 2003 4:10 pm

"Alex Cellarius" <acellarius@systems104.co.za> wrote in message
I see it isn't possible to directly open an Appbuilder
project if it was created with the Eclipse IDE.
It would be useful sometimes to be able to do this.
To open an Appbuilder project:
1. In the C/C++ Projects view, select your QNX Photon Appbuilder Project.
2. Click the Open Appbuilder button. (It appears by default in the C/C++
Development perspective.)

Hope this helps,

--
Doug Smith
Technical Publications

Alex Cellarius

Re: Appbuilder & eclipse

Post by Alex Cellarius » Thu Jan 30, 2003 6:44 pm

On Thu, 30 Jan 2003 11:10:37 -0500, "Doug Smith" <dsmith@qnx.com> wrote:
"Alex Cellarius" <acellarius@systems104.co.za> wrote in message
I see it isn't possible to directly open an Appbuilder
project if it was created with the Eclipse IDE.
It would be useful sometimes to be able to do this.

To open an Appbuilder project:
1. In the C/C++ Projects view, select your QNX Photon Appbuilder Project.
2. Click the Open Appbuilder button. (It appears by default in the C/C++
Development perspective.)
Yes, but this involved the IDE.
For some reason, today the IDE refused to open up the
Appbuilder on the Windows 2k host.
So I copied the project over to a QNX machine and opened
up the Photon Appbuilder, pointing it to the project.
It said to use the IDE....

Guest

Re: Appbuilder & eclipse

Post by Guest » Sun Aug 10, 2003 6:12 pm

I would really like to do this.
Sometimes I want to access the Photon Appbuilder part
of the projects without having to through the IDE.
Appbuilder refuses to open the project.

How can I open the PhaB project in Appbuilder without
going through the IDE?

Currently using 6.2.1B PE

Alex Cellarius wrote:
On Thu, 30 Jan 2003 11:10:37 -0500, "Doug Smith" <dsmith@qnx.com> wrote:

"Alex Cellarius" <acellarius@systems104.co.za> wrote in message
I see it isn't possible to directly open an Appbuilder
project if it was created with the Eclipse IDE.
It would be useful sometimes to be able to do this.

To open an Appbuilder project:
1. In the C/C++ Projects view, select your QNX Photon Appbuilder Project.
2. Click the Open Appbuilder button. (It appears by default in the C/C++
Development perspective.)

Yes, but this involved the IDE.
For some reason, today the IDE refused to open up the
Appbuilder on the Windows 2k host.
So I copied the project over to a QNX machine and opened
up the Photon Appbuilder, pointing it to the project.
It said to use the IDE....

Guest

Re: Appbuilder & eclipse

Post by Guest » Fri Dec 19, 2003 7:03 pm

I would really like to be able to do this.

(Open a PhAB application diectly without going through
the IDE).

If I try, it complains "this application was created
with the Eclipse tools. Please use Eclipse to
modify this application.

How can I do this? Do I have to convert the project somehow?

The reason for doing this is that I need to edit
the application sometimes on a lower spec PC
when I am out of the office. Then using the
IDE is intolerably slow and uses too much RAM
for this lower spec PC.

Alex Cellarius wrote:
I see it isn't possible to directly open an Appbuilder
project if it was created with the Eclipse IDE.
It would be useful sometimes to be able to do this.

Guest

Re: Appbuilder & eclipse

Post by Guest » Fri Dec 19, 2003 7:09 pm

Sorry-ignore this.
This was resolved in the mean time.

acellarius@yahoo.com wrote:
I would really like to be able to do this.

(Open a PhAB application diectly without going through
the IDE).

If I try, it complains "this application was created
with the Eclipse tools. Please use Eclipse to
modify this application.

How can I do this? Do I have to convert the project somehow?

Post Reply

Return to “qdn.public.qnxrtp.devtools”