ffmpeg for QNX - does it work? Is there a repository

bridged with qdn.public.qnxrtp.devtools
Post Reply
John Nagle

ffmpeg for QNX - does it work? Is there a repository

Post by John Nagle » Thu Nov 13, 2003 3:57 am

Supposedly ffmpeg works on QNX. Is there a repository
somewhere, or instructions for a clean build?

I need to compress video obtained from a camera
and annotated by my program. Any suggestions?

John Nagle

Igor Kovalenko

Re: ffmpeg for QNX - does it work? Is there a repository

Post by Igor Kovalenko » Fri Nov 14, 2003 4:01 am

It was required to build Mplayer... Try talking to Kinners on IRC...

"John Nagle" <nagle@overbot.com> wrote in message
Supposedly ffmpeg works on QNX. Is there a repository
somewhere, or instructions for a clean build?

I need to compress video obtained from a camera
and annotated by my program. Any suggestions?

John Nagle

John Nagle

Re: ffmpeg for QNX - does it work? Is there a repository

Post by John Nagle » Tue Nov 18, 2003 7:19 am

Is more information than this available? Is there anything
available that can compress video?

John Nagle
Team Overbot

"The QNX realtime platform includes all the necessary plug-ins to create
the most complete and dynamic multimedia experience possible. The suite
includes plug-ins, MP3, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, CD audio, and more."

- QNX brochure

Igor Kovalenko wrote:
It was required to build Mplayer... Try talking to Kinners on IRC...

"John Nagle" <nagle@overbot.com> wrote in message

Supposedly ffmpeg works on QNX. Is there a repository
somewhere, or instructions for a clean build?

I need to compress video obtained from a camera
and annotated by my program. Any suggestions?

John Nagle

Chris McKillop

Post by Chris McKillop » Tue Nov 18, 2003 9:00 pm

"The QNX realtime platform includes all the necessary plug-ins to create
the most complete and dynamic multimedia experience possible. The suite
includes plug-ins, MP3, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, CD audio, and more."
For playback - all of those are included or can be purchased. ;)

John Nagle

Re: ffmpeg for QNX - does it work? Is there a repository

Post by John Nagle » Mon Nov 24, 2003 3:19 am

Mplayer is audio only. What about video?

John Nagle

Igor Kovalenko wrote:
It was required to build Mplayer... Try talking to Kinners on IRC...

"John Nagle" <nagle@overbot.com> wrote in message

Supposedly ffmpeg works on QNX. Is there a repository
somewhere, or instructions for a clean build?

I need to compress video obtained from a camera
and annotated by my program. Any suggestions?

John Nagle

Igor Kovalenko

Re: ffmpeg for QNX - does it work? Is there a repository

Post by Igor Kovalenko » Mon Nov 24, 2003 4:52 am

Huh?
I was certainly playing video with it ;)

Igor Kovalenko wrote:
It was required to build Mplayer... Try talking to Kinners on IRC...

"John Nagle" <nagle@overbot.com> wrote in message

Supposedly ffmpeg works on QNX. Is there a repository
somewhere, or instructions for a clean build?

I need to compress video obtained from a camera
and annotated by my program. Any suggestions?

John Nagle

John Nagle

Re: ffmpeg for QNX - does it work? Is there a repository

Post by John Nagle » Tue Nov 25, 2003 5:51 am

For what it's worth, if you download the current "ffmpeg" and
configure it with

../configure --disable-v4l --disable-dv1394 --disable-audio-oss
--disable-network --disable-ffserver --cc=qcc

it will build well enough that output_example will generate
an MPEG2 video file, which QNX's media player will play.

John Nagle

John Nagle

Re: ffmpeg for QNX - does it work? Is there a repository

Post by John Nagle » Wed Nov 26, 2003 8:21 am

output_example, though, generates MPEG files with some
unexpected compression artifacts. There may be a bug.

Anybody into this stuff?

John Nagle

John Nagle wrote:
For what it's worth, if you download the current "ffmpeg" and
configure it with

./configure --disable-v4l --disable-dv1394 --disable-audio-oss
--disable-network --disable-ffserver --cc=qcc

it will build well enough that output_example will generate
an MPEG2 video file, which QNX's media player will play.

John Nagle

Post Reply

Return to “qdn.public.qnxrtp.devtools”