IDE Debugger problem

bridged with qdn.public.qnxrtp.devtools
Post Reply
Christian G. Charette

IDE Debugger problem

Post by Christian G. Charette » Fri Nov 14, 2003 7:29 pm

Hi there again...
This time I have a problem with the debugging perspective.
When I choose to debug with the default options (in particular with the
Debugger set to "QNX GDB Debugger"), I get this error: "Failed Launching CDI
Debugger: Not supported - this should never be called".
When I change this option to just "GDB Debugger", I get this error message:
"Exception ocurred while launching", but after closing this modal window,
the IDE starts the debug normally... with just one problem: I dont see the
running instruction highlighted.
Im sure this should be a misconfiguration problem, but I cant find where it
is...

Thanks in advance,

Christian.-

Alex Chapiro

Re: IDE Debugger problem

Post by Alex Chapiro » Fri Nov 14, 2003 8:07 pm

It seems that you are using very old version (6.2.1A I suppose). There
was a workaround for this bug, but I even don't remember it now. Try to
switch to 6.2.1B.

Christian G. Charette wrote:
Hi there again...
This time I have a problem with the debugging perspective.
When I choose to debug with the default options (in particular with the
Debugger set to "QNX GDB Debugger"), I get this error: "Failed Launching CDI
Debugger: Not supported - this should never be called".
When I change this option to just "GDB Debugger", I get this error message:
"Exception ocurred while launching", but after closing this modal window,
the IDE starts the debug normally... with just one problem: I dont see the
running instruction highlighted.
Im sure this should be a misconfiguration problem, but I cant find where it
is...

Thanks in advance,

Christian.-

Rüdiger Loos

Re: IDE Debugger problem

Post by Rüdiger Loos » Wed Nov 19, 2003 10:55 am

hallo,

I had the same problem a few weeks ago. Please act like this:
- Ensure that "pdebug" is in your /usr/bin directory
- DO NOT MIX 6.2.1A and 6.2.1B files on your target. Ensure that you only
have 6.2.1B files on your target - even the boot image.
That should be enough.

Good luck
Rüdiger

Christian G. Charette wrote:

[...]