display data graphically

Ramon Sarrate

display data graphically

Post by Ramon Sarrate » Wed Apr 03, 2002 4:38 pm

Hi,

I need an application that allows me to display data graphically. Those
data is available from an ASCII file. Under Windows I would use Excel or
Matlab, but under QNX I have no idea. I would prefer to use an existent
application, but I will accept C code that does it under Photon User
interface.

Thanks,

Ramon.

Guest

Re: display data graphically

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 03, 2002 4:41 pm

Ramon Sarrate <sarrate@esaii.upc.es> wrote:
Hi,

I need an application that allows me to display data graphically. Those
data is available from an ASCII file. Under Windows I would use Excel or
Matlab, but under QNX I have no idea. I would prefer to use an existent
application, but I will accept C code that does it under Photon User
interface.
we are using PV-WAVE (www.vni.com) in qnx4. it works great.
realtime data visualization.
don't know about qnx6.

Kris Warkentin

Re: display data graphically

Post by Kris Warkentin » Wed Apr 03, 2002 7:59 pm

I thought someone had ported gnuplot at some point but I couldn't find a
link... sorry.

Kris

"Ramon Sarrate" <sarrate@esaii.upc.es> wrote in message
Hi,

I need an application that allows me to display data graphically. Those
data is available from an ASCII file. Under Windows I would use Excel or
Matlab, but under QNX I have no idea. I would prefer to use an existent
application, but I will accept C code that does it under Photon User
interface.

Thanks,

Ramon.

phearbear

Post by phearbear » Wed Apr 03, 2002 8:20 pm

Kris Warkentin wrote:
I thought someone had ported gnuplot at some point but I couldn't find a
link... sorry.

Kris
thomasf did, but since staff.qnx.com is down, i'm not sure.
i saw that he was migrating his page to qnx.wox.org/~thomasf/ though, probably should be there
once he get it online.

/Johan

"Ramon Sarrate" <sarrate@esaii.upc.es> wrote in message

Hi,

I need an application that allows me to display data graphically. Those
data is available from an ASCII file. Under Windows I would use Excel or
Matlab, but under QNX I have no idea. I would prefer to use an existent
application, but I will accept C code that does it under Photon User
interface.

Thanks,

Ramon.

Armin Steinhoff

Post by Armin Steinhoff » Thu Apr 04, 2002 12:23 pm

Ramon Sarrate wrote:
Hi,

I need an application that allows me to display data graphically. Those
data is available from an ASCII file. Under Windows I would use Excel or
Matlab, but under QNX I have no idea. I would prefer to use an existent
application, but I will accept C code that does it under Photon User
interface.
If XPhoton is OK for you ... have a look to qwt (or AI) at
http://www.sf.net/projects/openqnx

Armin

Armin Steinhoff

Post by Armin Steinhoff » Thu Apr 04, 2002 12:32 pm

Armin Steinhoff wrote:
Ramon Sarrate wrote:

Hi,

I need an application that allows me to display data graphically. Those
data is available from an ASCII file. Under Windows I would use Excel or
Matlab, but under QNX I have no idea. I would prefer to use an existent
application, but I will accept C code that does it under Photon User
interface.

If XPhoton is OK for you ... have a look to qwt (or AI) at
http://www.sf.net/projects/openqnx
Forgott to mention that qwt needs the Qt 2.3.2 libs ... attached is a
demo.

Armin

Armin Steinhoff

Post by Armin Steinhoff » Fri May 24, 2002 3:26 pm

Ramon Sarrate wrote:
Hi,

I need an application that allows me to display data graphically. Those
data is available from an ASCII file. Under Windows I would use Excel or
Matlab, but under QNX I have no idea. I would prefer to use an existent
application, but I will accept C code that does it under Photon User
interface.
What about re-compiling this stuff ??

http://kmatplot.sourceforge.net/

Works with XFree86/XPhoton ...

Armin

Post by Guest » Fri May 24, 2002 4:38 pm

phearbear <phearbear@spray.se> wrote:
Kris Warkentin wrote:
I thought someone had ported gnuplot at some point but I couldn't find a
link... sorry.

Kris
thomasf did, but since staff.qnx.com is down, i'm not sure.
i saw that he was migrating his page to qnx.wox.org/~thomasf/ though, probably should be there
once he get it online.
http://www.gweebo.com/~thomasf/Docs/gnu ... 7.1.tar.gz

It will migrate to qnx.wox.org in time though.

Thomas

"Ramon Sarrate" <sarrate@esaii.upc.es> wrote in message

Hi,

I need an application that allows me to display data graphically. Those
data is available from an ASCII file. Under Windows I would use Excel or
Matlab, but under QNX I have no idea. I would prefer to use an existent
application, but I will accept C code that does it under Photon User
interface.

Thanks,

Ramon.

Thomas (toe-mah) Fletcher QNX Software Systems
thomasf@qnx.com Core OS Technology Group
(613)-591-0931 http://www.qnx.com/

Simard

Re: display data graphically

Post by Simard » Wed Jul 03, 2002 6:58 pm

Hi all,
I just tried gnuplot-3.7.1 on my QNXRTP 6.1 system (P3 450: 256RAM).
It compiled properly (with the photon terminal), but I can't run it.
Whenever I try to, I get a "memory fault (core dump)".
I traced it back to a "segmentation violation" in "SIGSEGV at 0x8072810".
How can I fix this?

Thanx,
Sylvain