small pulse

Claudio

small pulse

Post by Claudio » Fri May 03, 2002 9:32 pm

Hi there!

I would like to have a pulse of 200 microseconds in
QNX 6.1. Is it possible? Using pulse/MsgReceive, I
got 1 millisecond, but below that, it isn't correct.
I have re-scheduled to get max priority and using
FIFO.

--
Claudio Cardozo (cazo@infax.com.br)

Rennie Allen

Re: small pulse

Post by Rennie Allen » Fri May 03, 2002 9:32 pm

Claudio wrote:
Hi there!

I would like to have a pulse of 200 microseconds in
QNX 6.1. Is it possible? Using pulse/MsgReceive, I
got 1 millisecond, but below that, it isn't correct.
I have re-scheduled to get max priority and using
FIFO.
No this is not possible in 6.1 (due to timer resolution), however, it is
supposed to be possible in 6.2.

Rennie

Guest

Re: small pulse

Post by Guest » Sat May 04, 2002 2:21 am

Claudio wrote:
Hi there!

I would like to have a pulse of 200 microseconds in
QNX 6.1. Is it possible? Using pulse/MsgReceive, I
got 1 millisecond, but below that, it isn't correct.
I have re-scheduled to get max priority and using
FIFO.
No this is not possible in 6.1 (due to timer resolution), however, it is
supposed to be possible in 6.2.

Rennie

I'd tried in 6.2 and it continues not possible.

Mario Charest

Re: small pulse

Post by Mario Charest » Sat May 04, 2002 11:47 am

<cazo@infax.com.br> wrote in message news:aavgjf$1kf$1@inn.qnx.com...
Claudio wrote:
Hi there!

I would like to have a pulse of 200 microseconds in
QNX 6.1. Is it possible? Using pulse/MsgReceive, I
got 1 millisecond, but below that, it isn't correct.
I have re-scheduled to get max priority and using
FIFO.

No this is not possible in 6.1 (due to timer resolution), however, it is
supposed to be possible in 6.2.

Rennie

I'd tried in 6.2 and it continues not possible.
Have you changed tick size resolution with ClockPeriod()?

Claudio Cardozo

Re: small pulse

Claudio wrote:

Hi there!

I would like to have a pulse of 200 microseconds in
QNX 6.1. Is it possible? Using pulse/MsgReceive, I
got 1 millisecond, but below that, it isn't correct.
I have re-scheduled to get max priority and using
FIFO.

No this is not possible in 6.1 (due to timer resolution), however, it is
supposed to be possible in 6.2.

Rennie

I'd tried in 6.2 and it continues not possible.

Have you changed tick size resolution with ClockPeriod()?

Yes, I have adjusted to 30 microseconds (the min is 10 micros), but I
continue getting it around >900micros and <1milli... no precision.
Should I to use an external interrupt trigger??? Or use a PIC to do
that?? Suggestions?

Mario Charest

Re: small pulse

Post by Mario Charest » Thu May 09, 2002 3:10 pm

Claudio wrote:

Hi there!

I would like to have a pulse of 200 microseconds in
QNX 6.1. Is it possible? Using pulse/MsgReceive, I
got 1 millisecond, but below that, it isn't correct.
I have re-scheduled to get max priority and using
FIFO.

No this is not possible in 6.1 (due to timer resolution), however, it is
supposed to be possible in 6.2.

Rennie

I'd tried in 6.2 and it continues not possible.

Have you changed tick size resolution with ClockPeriod()?

Yes, I have adjusted to 30 microseconds (the min is 10 micros), but I
continue getting it around >900micros and <1milli... no precision.
Should I to use an external interrupt trigger??? Or use a PIC to do
that?? Suggestions?
Post 6.2 related issues in proper channel.