ssh for qnx???

Cesar

ssh for qnx???

Post by Cesar » Mon May 27, 2002 7:35 pm

Is there any ssh implementation for qnx?

Thanks!
Cesar

Chris McKillop

Re: ssh for qnx???

Post by Chris McKillop » Mon May 27, 2002 10:52 pm

You can get a .tar.gz of OpenSSH for 6.1 from ...
http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/openqnx.

You can get a 6.2 package from....
http://qnx.wox.org/repository/6.2/.

OpenSSH will be included with the 6.2 release.

chris

Post by Chris McKillop » Wed May 29, 2002 3:41 am

Chris McKillop <cdm@qnx.com> wrote:
You can get a .tar.gz of OpenSSH for 6.1 from ...
http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/openqnx.

You can get a 6.2 package from....
http://qnx.wox.org/repository/6.2/.

OpenSSH will be included with the 6.2 release.
Just had it pointed out to me that I should clarify that OpenSSH will not
be a QNX supported product in the 6.2 release but will rather be part of
a new feature of our releases, an second 'Unsupported/3rd Party' CD.
This disc will contain lots of very usefull tools and applications like
OpenSSH.

Re: ssh for qnx???

Post by Guest » Wed May 29, 2002 8:19 am

Chris McKillop <cdm@qnx.com> wrote:
Chris McKillop <cdm@qnx.com> wrote:

You can get a .tar.gz of OpenSSH for 6.1 from ...
http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/openqnx.

You can get a 6.2 package from....
http://qnx.wox.org/repository/6.2/.

OpenSSH will be included with the 6.2 release.

Just had it pointed out to me that I should clarify that OpenSSH will not
be a QNX supported product in the 6.2 release but will rather be part of
a new feature of our releases, an second 'Unsupported/3rd Party' CD.
Great, very good message. When such CD will be available appromatelly ?
This disc will contain lots of very usefull tools and applications like
OpenSSH.

Andrew Thomas

Re: ssh for qnx???

Post by Andrew Thomas » Wed May 29, 2002 2:13 pm

"Chris McKillop" <cdm@qnx.com> wrote in message
You can get a .tar.gz of OpenSSH for 6.1 from ...
http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/openqnx.

You can get a 6.2 package from....
http://qnx.wox.org/repository/6.2/.

OpenSSH will be included with the 6.2 release.
.... and you can get a package of OpenSSH for 6.1 from
http://developers.cogentrts.com/repository

Cheers,
Andrew

Guest

Re: ssh for qnx???

Post by Guest » Wed May 29, 2002 4:19 pm

Andrew Thomas <andrew@cogent.ca> wrote:
"Chris McKillop" <cdm@qnx.com> wrote in message

You can get a .tar.gz of OpenSSH for 6.1 from ...
http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/openqnx.

You can get a 6.2 package from....
http://qnx.wox.org/repository/6.2/.

OpenSSH will be included with the 6.2 release.

... and you can get a package of OpenSSH for 6.1 from
http://developers.cogentrts.com/repository
Be warned that if you are running openssh as a server daemon,
Cogent version may suffer from the following famous openssh/qnx6 problems:
1) you probably can't login at all.
2) if you can login, you probably can't logout (logout hang).

Frank

Cheers,
Andrew

Chris McKillop

Re: ssh for qnx???

Post by Chris McKillop » Thu May 30, 2002 1:46 am

Be warned that if you are running openssh as a server daemon,
Cogent version may suffer from the following famous openssh/qnx6 problems:
1) you probably can't login at all.
2) if you can login, you probably can't logout (logout hang).
Thankfully the package on the 6.2 "extra" CD does not! ;)

Re: ssh for qnx???

Post by Guest » Thu May 30, 2002 5:21 am

Hi Miguel,
Your guess is probably way off.
I would think it is probably going to be released in a few days.
("a few" means single digit).
Frank

Miguel Simon <simon@ou.edu> wrote:
Hi Andy...
andy@microstep-mis.com wrote:

Chris McKillop <cdm@qnx.com> wrote:
Just had it pointed out to me that I should clarify that OpenSSH will not
be a QNX supported product in the 6.2 release but will rather be part of
a new feature of our releases, an second 'Unsupported/3rd Party' CD.

Great, very good message. When such CD will be available appromatelly ?
Maybe by Agust...

Miguel

Miguel Simon

Re: ssh for qnx???

Post by Andrew Thomas » Thu May 30, 2002 2:21 pm

fliu@bb.vipstage.com wrote:
Andrew Thomas <andrew@cogent.ca> wrote:

"Chris McKillop" <cdm@qnx.com> wrote in message

You can get a .tar.gz of OpenSSH for 6.1 from ...
http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/openqnx.

You can get a 6.2 package from....
http://qnx.wox.org/repository/6.2/.

OpenSSH will be included with the 6.2 release.

... and you can get a package of OpenSSH for 6.1 from
http://developers.cogentrts.com/repository

Be warned that if you are running openssh as a server daemon,
Cogent version may suffer from the following famous openssh/qnx6 problems:
1) you probably can't login at all.
2) if you can login, you probably can't logout (logout hang).

Frank
That's not just famous in QNX6, but in a number of
systems including Linux and Cygwin.

Cheers,
Andrew

Frank Liu

Re: ssh for qnx???

Post by Frank Liu » Thu May 30, 2002 3:15 pm

Andrew Thomas <andrew@cogent.ca.no.spam> wrote:
fliu@bb.vipstage.com wrote:
Andrew Thomas <andrew@cogent.ca> wrote:

"Chris McKillop" <cdm@qnx.com> wrote in message

You can get a .tar.gz of OpenSSH for 6.1 from ...
http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/openqnx.

You can get a 6.2 package from....
http://qnx.wox.org/repository/6.2/.

OpenSSH will be included with the 6.2 release.

... and you can get a package of OpenSSH for 6.1 from
http://developers.cogentrts.com/repository

Be warned that if you are running openssh as a server daemon,
Cogent version may suffer from the following famous openssh/qnx6 problems:
1) you probably can't login at all.
2) if you can login, you probably can't logout (logout hang).

Frank

That's not just famous in QNX6, but in a number of
systems including Linux and Cygwin.

Cheers,
Andrew
Hi Andrew,
I haven't tried your version and that's why I used "may suffer".
I know for sure that the openqnx and qnx.wox.org version doesn't
have those problems. Can you also verify your version?
Frank

Frank Liu

Re: ssh for qnx???

Post by Frank Liu » Tue Jun 04, 2002 6:20 pm

Good guess, it is 5 days.
qnxrtp 6.2 and the 3rd party CD are released today: June 4.

Frank

Post by Chris McKillop » Tue Jun 04, 2002 10:27 pm

Miguel Simon <simon@ou.edu> wrote:
Hi Frank...

Never mind, the #rd party CD iso is there in the web page as well. Does
this CD include your work? I am downloading now, so I do not know. Thaks.
It does include the XFree86 work from the openqnx group. Generally everything
else was done by QNX engineers. The whole process will soon be opened up
so that everyone can help may the next release of the public CD even better.
Watch the new QDN pages for details.

Miguel Simon

Re: ssh for qnx???

Post by Miguel Simon » Tue Jun 04, 2002 10:38 pm

Frank...

Where is the 3rd party CD??

Also, all the development that you and others have done so far, will it
be included in this rd party CD? If not, do you have a 'how to' that
spells how to integrate your (and other's) development into rtp6.2?
What is the web reference? Thanks.

Best Regards...

Miguel.

Post by Miguel Simon » Tue Jun 04, 2002 11:06 pm

Hi Frank...

Never mind, the #rd party CD iso is there in the web page as well. Does
this CD include your work? I am downloading now, so I do not know. Thaks.

Regards...

Miguel.