problems with samba

Alain Bonnefoy

problems with samba

Post by Alain Bonnefoy » Mon Jul 01, 2002 4:33 pm

I'd like to know which version you use because I realized recently that
the 2.2.1a corrupt the file system when it writes its
/var/lock/samba/*.pid and /var/lock/samba/*.tdb files.

I can see the problem if I slay samba and try to rm these files.
rm: can't unlink /var/lock/samba/smbd.pid: Corrupted file system detected.

cheers
Alain.

Jens H Jorgensen

Re: problems with samba

Post by Jens H Jorgensen » Mon Jul 01, 2002 4:56 pm

I had the exact same problem with 2.2.1a.

Now I am running with 2.2.3a and the problem seems to be less but not gone.
--
Jens

--
Jens
"Alain Bonnefoy" <alain.bonnefoy@icbt.com> wrote in message
I'd like to know which version you use because I realized recently that
the 2.2.1a corrupt the file system when it writes its
/var/lock/samba/*.pid and /var/lock/samba/*.tdb files.

I can see the problem if I slay samba and try to rm these files.
rm: can't unlink /var/lock/samba/smbd.pid: Corrupted file system detected.

cheers
Alain.

Frank Liu

Re: problems with samba

Post by Frank Liu » Mon Jul 01, 2002 5:09 pm

seems to remember someone mentioned this is a problem with qnxfs.
Try point your samba lock to a directory on another fs, say ext2 or vfat
and see if the problem goes away.

Frank

Jens H Jorgensen <jhj@remove-nospam-videk.com> wrote:
I had the exact same problem with 2.2.1a.

Now I am running with 2.2.3a and the problem seems to be less but not gone.
--
Jens

--
Jens
"Alain Bonnefoy" <alain.bonnefoy@icbt.com> wrote in message
I'd like to know which version you use because I realized recently that
the 2.2.1a corrupt the file system when it writes its
/var/lock/samba/*.pid and /var/lock/samba/*.tdb files.

I can see the problem if I slay samba and try to rm these files.
rm: can't unlink /var/lock/samba/smbd.pid: Corrupted file system detected.

cheers
Alain.

Alain Bonnefoy

Re: problems with samba

Post by Alain Bonnefoy » Tue Jul 02, 2002 6:53 am

ok, I'm going to try,
thanks,
Alain.

Frank Liu wrote:
[...]

Post by Alain Bonnefoy » Wed Jul 03, 2002 5:57 am

Samba doesn't want to create its tdb files through fs-cifs, I don't know
why. But, according to few tests, it seems to be ok on a qnx4 filesystem.

Thanks a lot.
Alain.