pkg-installer

Alain Bonnefoy

pkg-installer

Post by Alain Bonnefoy » Thu Jul 25, 2002 5:37 am

Hi,
Do we have a command line version?
Will pkg-installer be able to display the package's list of files? in
the command line version? in the GUI version?

Thanks,
Alain.

Jerry Chappell

Re: pkg-installer

Post by Jerry Chappell » Thu Jul 25, 2002 2:48 pm

Hi Alain.

"Alain Bonnefoy" <alain.bonnefoy@icbt.com> wrote in message
Hi,
Do we have a command line version?
In 6.2, you can use 'cl-installer'. The GUI version is 'qnxinstall'.
Will pkg-installer be able to display the package's list of files? in
the command line version? in the GUI version?
The 'list of files' has long been requested, and is still on my list of
things to add, but no, it has not been added yet. Sorry!

Jerry Chappell

Alain Bonnefoy

Re: pkg-installer

Post by Alain Bonnefoy » Fri Jul 26, 2002 9:17 am

Thanks Jerry,

Cheers,
Alain.

Jerry Chappell wrote:
Hi Alain.

"Alain Bonnefoy" <alain.bonnefoy@icbt.com> wrote in message

Hi,
Do we have a command line version?

In 6.2, you can use 'cl-installer'. The GUI version is 'qnxinstall'.

Will pkg-installer be able to display the package's list of files? in
the command line version? in the GUI version?

The 'list of files' has long been requested, and is still on my list of
things to add, but no, it has not been added yet. Sorry!

Jerry Chappell

ed1k

Re: pkg-installer

Post by ed1k » Fri Jul 26, 2002 12:02 pm

Jerry Chappell <jchappell@qnx.com> wrote in article <ahp2s9$ckv$1@nntp.qnx.com>...
Hi Alain.

"Alain Bonnefoy" <alain.bonnefoy@icbt.com> wrote in message
Hi,
Do we have a command line version?

In 6.2, you can use 'cl-installer'. The GUI version is 'qnxinstall'.
Is it possible that 'qnxinstall' detects there is no photon server and execs 'cl-installer'? Seems
it's simpler for users to remember one name... or 'cl-installer' isn't dialog based? sorry I didn't
look at this useful tool of 6.2 yet ;-)
Thanks!
--
Eduard.