--- I can't play MPG files in ver. 6.2 ---

Tomasz Kurzaj

--- I can't play MPG files in ver. 6.2 ---

Post by Tomasz Kurzaj » Tue Oct 01, 2002 5:47 pm

I just download new version QNX (6.2) and when I try to open mpg files I get
error message "can't load plugin 'mpegsystem.so'". In previous version I use
(6.1) I have no problem with MPG files. Any solution ?????

Best Regards
Jacek Michalak

Matt Oudenhoven

Re: --- I can't play MPG files in ver. 6.2 ---

Post by Matt Oudenhoven » Thu Oct 17, 2002 3:14 am

6.2 was missing a library file. Solution: go to http://qnx.wox.org/qnx and grab the libcpp.so.2a file and extract it to /lib. Problem will now be solved.

Matt Oudenhoven

Re: --- I can't play MPG files in ver. 6.2 ---

Post by Matt Oudenhoven » Thu Oct 17, 2002 3:19 am

Seems that website is down at the moment. I uploaded the file to my website. Grab it from there. http://wick3d.doesntexist.com/qnx/libcpp.so.2a.gz

Chris McKillop

Post by Chris McKillop » Thu Oct 17, 2002 9:28 pm

Matt Oudenhoven <nospam@forums.openqnx.com> wrote:
Seems that website is down at the moment. I uploaded the file to my website. Grab it from there. http://wick3d.doesntexist.com/qnx/libcpp.so.2a.gz
Yep, silly ISP had thier technician rip out my drop when someone else in my
complex was to be disconnected. So I was without IP access for 2 days.

Thom Skrtich

Re: --- I can't play MPG files in ver. 6.2 ---

Post by Thom Skrtich » Fri Oct 18, 2002 2:14 am

I hate it when that happens. I had a tech rip out a prefectly good ISDN
line once because is didn't have a dialtone.
I was down for a week.

Believe it or not, you can't actually get a restraining order for
something like this......

---Thom

Chris McKillop wrote:
Matt Oudenhoven <nospam@forums.openqnx.com> wrote:

Seems that website is down at the moment. I uploaded the file to my website. Grab it from there. http://wick3d.doesntexist.com/qnx/libcpp.so.2a.gz

Yep, silly ISP had thier technician rip out my drop when someone else in my
complex was to be disconnected. So I was without IP access for 2 days.

chris

Bill Caroselli (Q-TPS)

Re: --- I can't play MPG files in ver. 6.2 ---

Post by Bill Caroselli (Q-TPS) » Fri Oct 18, 2002 3:07 am

You can request that all demarks be red tagged as "Leased Line - No Dial
Tone". Telco should be willing to do that for free.

I used to run a data center with about 400 leased lines in a building with
about 12,000 lines. We had lines go out all the time until we learned this
little trick.

I don't think they ever pulled a line on us, but they would stick their butt
set on a pair and try to dial out. That was enough to screw us up briefly.
It got to where we'd see that white truck pull up in front of the building
and we'd count the minutes until the first line went out.