DiskOnKey

Alain Bonnefoy

DiskOnKey

Post by Alain Bonnefoy » Tue Oct 08, 2002 1:11 pm

How to use a DiskOnKey on QNX 6.1?
stack usb ?
DiskOnKey driver ?

Thanks,
Alain.

Mario Charest

Re: DiskOnKey

Post by Mario Charest » Tue Oct 08, 2002 4:36 pm

"Alain Bonnefoy" <alain.bonnefoy@icbt.com> wrote in message
How to use a DiskOnKey on QNX 6.1?
stack usb ?
DiskOnKey driver ?
As far as I know it's not supported, you need to write or get written an USB
driver.
Then to be really clean it should be written as a file system driver, that
is trickier since the is no public DDK.
Thanks,
Alain.

Alain Bonnefoy

Re: DiskOnKey

Post by Alain Bonnefoy » Thu Oct 10, 2002 6:25 am

Hi Mario,
I know there is a TrueFFS sdk on the M-Systems web site but I don't know
there is relevant for DiskOnKey. I'm waiting for some infos from M-Systems.

Thanks,
Alain.

Mario Charest a écrit:
"Alain Bonnefoy" <alain.bonnefoy@icbt.com> wrote in message

How to use a DiskOnKey on QNX 6.1?
stack usb ?
DiskOnKey driver ?

As far as I know it's not supported, you need to write or get written an USB
driver.
Then to be really clean it should be written as a file system driver, that
is trickier since the is no public DDK.

Thanks,
Alain.

Rennie Allen

Re: DiskOnKey

Post by Rennie Allen » Thu Oct 10, 2002 9:10 am

Alain Bonnefoy wrote:
Hi Mario,
I know there is a TrueFFS sdk on the M-Systems web site but I don't know
there is relevant for DiskOnKey. I'm waiting for some infos from M-Systems.
I believe Mario is referring to the absence of a DDK from QNX for
creating a file system .so (like fs-qnx4.so), so that you could inherit
all of the posix semantics for your new fs (nothing prevents you from
writing a resource manager that implements all the posix semantics, and
there is sufficient documentation for doing that.

AFAIK M-systems does indeed have a DiskOnKey SDK (I saw it announced on
the DDJ website).