perl on qnx6.2

kc

perl on qnx6.2

Post by kc » Mon Oct 14, 2002 3:12 pm

Hi all,

I have install perl 5.6.1 from the third party CD. However, when I look
under the /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1/pod, all the files are with zero size. What
that a known problem ?

Thanks a lot
kc

Chris McKillop

Re: perl on qnx6.2

Post by Chris McKillop » Mon Oct 14, 2002 6:07 pm

kc <kclee@netnobound.com> wrote:
Hi all,

I have install perl 5.6.1 from the third party CD. However, when I look
under the /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1/pod, all the files are with zero size. What
that a known problem ?
Yep. Gonna get it fixed for the next release.

Bob Smith

Re: perl on qnx6.2

Post by Bob Smith » Tue Oct 15, 2002 11:46 am

Any word on when that will be?

"Chris McKillop" <cdm@qnx.com> wrote in message
kc <kclee@netnobound.com> wrote:
Hi all,

I have install perl 5.6.1 from the third party CD. However, when I look
under the /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1/pod, all the files are with zero size.
What
that a known problem ?

Yep. Gonna get it fixed for the next release.

kc

Re: perl on qnx6.2

Post by kc » Tue Oct 15, 2002 2:01 pm

Hi Chris,

Is there any work around for this issue?
I have built the openssl on the QNX6.2. When I try to "make install",
it fails because of this problem. I should just stick with QNX 6.1 for
a little bit longer.

kc

Chris McKillop wrote:
kc <kclee@netnobound.com> wrote:
Hi all,

I have install perl 5.6.1 from the third party CD. However, when I look
under the /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1/pod, all the files are with zero size.
What that a known problem ?

Yep. Gonna get it fixed for the next release.

Re: perl on qnx6.2

Post by Chris McKillop » Tue Oct 15, 2002 6:21 pm

Well, the easiest work around is to do:

make -k install

So that your make doesn't fail on the pod generation.

chris

Chris McKillop wrote:

kc <kclee@netnobound.com> wrote:
Hi all,

I have install perl 5.6.1 from the third party CD. However, when I look
under the /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1/pod, all the files are with zero size.
What that a known problem ?

Yep. Gonna get it fixed for the next release.

Re: perl on qnx6.2

Post by Chris McKillop » Tue Oct 15, 2002 6:24 pm

Bob Smith <bobsmith@home.com> wrote:
Any word on when that will be?
Not from me. ;) The proper channels for dates/times is with sales. So
talk to your sales rep.

kc

Re: perl on qnx6.2

Post by kc » Tue Oct 15, 2002 8:01 pm

Hi Chris,

It doesnt make any difference.
Have you tried "make -k install" yourself?

Thanks
kc

Post by Chris McKillop » Thu Oct 17, 2002 9:29 pm

kc <kclee@netnobound.com> wrote:
Hi Chris,

It doesnt make any difference.
Have you tried "make -k install" yourself?
Well, the -k is used to tell make to continue in the face of errors. I have
used it many other places to force an install continue. Are you sure the
doc/pod install isn't the last step and the build is complete?

chris

Thanks
kc

Chris McKillop wrote:

kc <kclee@netnobound.com> wrote:
Hi all,

I have install perl 5.6.1 from the third party CD. However, when I look
under the /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1/pod, all the files are with zero size.
What that a known problem ?

Yep. Gonna get it fixed for the next release.

Armin Steinhoff

Re: perl on qnx6.2

Post by Armin Steinhoff » Fri Nov 01, 2002 10:53 am

Bob Smith wrote:
Any word on when that will be?
Immediately ... if you download the Perl source and make your own
recompile :)

BTW ..the 3th party CD isn't an official offereing of QSSL. There are a
lot of ports simply broken on that CD; e.g. also the Python port is
simply useless.

Armin

see also: http://www.sf.net/projects/openqnx

Post by Chris McKillop » Sat Nov 02, 2002 6:41 pm

BTW ..the 3th party CD isn't an official offereing of QSSL. There are a
lot of ports simply broken on that CD; e.g. also the Python port is
simply useless.
If you know of any bugs Armin, please email me with the details so they
can be fixed for the next release of the CDROM.

Armin Steinhoff

Re: perl on qnx6.2

Post by Armin Steinhoff » Mon Nov 04, 2002 7:28 pm

Chris McKillop wrote:

BTW ..the 3th party CD isn't an official offereing of QSSL. There are a
lot of ports simply broken on that CD; e.g. also the Python port is
simply useless.

If you know of any bugs Armin, please email me with the details so they
can be fixed for the next release of the CDROM.
The installation of Python from the CDROM isn't correct. You should
distribute the
whole Python stuff together with the setup.py script.

Armin

Re: perl on qnx6.2

Post by Chris McKillop » Mon Nov 04, 2002 9:05 pm

The installation of Python from the CDROM isn't correct. You should
distribute the
whole Python stuff together with the setup.py script.
Well - the packages are simply what a "make install" of the Python source
results in. All the source code is also included on the CDROM. So if
there is something that should be installed that isn't included with a
"make install" then I would claim that something is busted with Python's
source distribution.