New 3rd Party CD

Randy Aeberhardt

Re: New 3rd Party CD

Post by Randy Aeberhardt » Mon Nov 18, 2002 6:34 pm

I was hoping to download your rdate and ntp packages, however these files,
when opened by the package manager, show no contents. I enter the URL in
Voyager, the file is downloaded and the package manager opens, but there is
nothing to install.

--
Randy Aeberhardt
<raeberhardt@tantalus-systems.com>

<kabe@sra-tohoku.co.jp> wrote in message news:aqu67l$pi2$1@inn.qnx.com...
some people asks for NTP and rdate, so pointers for my patch:

rdate
(based on NetBSD rdate)
nntp://inn.qnx.com/qdn.public.qnxrtp.porting/785
Package @ http://www.dais.is.tohoku.ac.jp/~kabe/v ... public.qpr

ntp-4.1.72
Basically the latest one compiles out-of-the-box.
Package @
http://www.dais.is.tohoku.ac.jp/~kabe/v ... public.qpr
(build data on nntp://inn.qnx.com/qdn.public.qnxrtp.porting/764)
but authorized re-compiling may be better.

--
kabe

Andrew Thomas

Re: New 3rd Party CD

Post by Andrew Thomas » Thu Nov 28, 2002 9:45 pm

"liug" <liug@mama.indstate.edu> wrote in message
Dave Rempel <drempel@qnx.com> wrote:
I would like to add MySQL to that list:
MySQL NP x
Ok, added. Just don't forget to tell me or cdm where it is :)

I compiled mysql for qnxzone last week, not much changes in the code,
pretty much a straight compile. you can find it here
http://www.qnxzone.com/~fliu
Do you have source that you can post. If you made changes, QNX is
obliged to put the source up as well?
Have you built QPR files for bin and source?

Cheers,
Andrew

liug

Re: New 3rd Party CD

Post by liug » Wed Dec 04, 2002 4:20 am

Andrew Thomas <andrew@cogent.ca> wrote:
I compiled mysql for qnxzone last week, not much changes in the code,
pretty much a straight compile. you can find it here
http://www.qnxzone.com/~fliu

Do you have source that you can post. If you made changes, QNX is
obliged to put the source up as well?
Have you built QPR files for bin and source?
it's pretty much a straight compile with some changes to the system
header files. my friend who installed qnx 6.2.1 build 331 told me
those system header bugs are fixed. since the new 3rd party CD
is for 6.2.1, there is no need to worry about those system header file
changes.

Of course, you also need to tweak "configure" so that a shared lib
can be generated. We've been doing this for 6.0, 6.1, 6.2 so everybody
are experts now :) We probablly will keep doing this for 6.2.1 and on ...
unless qnx6 can be really "recognized" by the GNU config system ...

oh, almost forgot: you will see some weird behavior if you use UDS
with my mysql build. this is not a problem with mysql. apparently,
the UDS support in 6.2 is broken. it is confirmed that the bug is
fixed in 6.2.1.

Frank

Dave Rempel

Re: New 3rd Party CD

Post by Dave Rempel » Mon Jan 13, 2003 7:24 pm

Just a reminder to all people contributing to the CD. The cut off date
for accepting content is rapidly approaching. After Jan 15th I won't
accept anything new, just bug fixes to already accepted packages. Those
of you who volunteered to do some of the work, please send your packages
and (if applicable) source to either myself or cdm@qnx.com.

Thanks
Dave Rempel

liug

Re: New 3rd Party CD

Post by liug » Fri Jan 17, 2003 6:13 pm

Andrew Thomas <andrew@cogent.ca> wrote:
I would like to add MySQL to that list:
MySQL NP x
Now that the deadline is passed and the preview cdrom is posted at
http://qnx.wox.org/qnxpub621/
I don't see mysql there.
neither do I see any Killer* apps.
Does that mean the deadline is extended?

Chris McKillop

Re: New 3rd Party CD

Post by Chris McKillop » Fri Jan 17, 2003 6:36 pm

Well, today is the deadline offically. And there are things not located
at my mirror of the repository.

chris

liug <liug@mama.indstate.edu> wrote:
Andrew Thomas <andrew@cogent.ca> wrote:
I would like to add MySQL to that list:
MySQL NP x

Now that the deadline is passed and the preview cdrom is posted at
http://qnx.wox.org/qnxpub621/
I don't see mysql there.
neither do I see any Killer* apps.
Does that mean the deadline is extended?

Jens H Jorgensen

Re: New 3rd Party CD

Post by Jens H Jorgensen » Fri Jan 17, 2003 7:05 pm

Chris

Did you build Qt 3.1.0? - there seem to be alot more than I generated.

--
Jens

Post by Chris McKillop » Fri Jan 17, 2003 7:24 pm

Jens H Jorgensen <jhj@remove-nospam-videk.com> wrote:
Chris

Did you build Qt 3.1.0? - there seem to be alot more than I generated.
Nope. As far as I know it is your build.