Mozilla questions

bridged with qdn.public.qnxrtp.applications
Bill Caroselli

Mozilla questions

Post by Bill Caroselli » Tue Jan 14, 2003 8:54 pm

Would this be the best group to discuss issues regarding Mozilla from
the 3rd party CD?

I tried using it to download the QNX RTP ISO image. Is does not
download a file. But instead displays lots of interesting mumbo-jumbo
to the screen.

Chris McKillop

Re: Mozilla questions

Post by Chris McKillop » Tue Jan 14, 2003 10:01 pm

Bill Caroselli <qtps@earthlink.net> wrote:
Would this be the best group to discuss issues regarding Mozilla from
the 3rd party CD?

I tried using it to download the QNX RTP ISO image. Is does not
download a file. But instead displays lots of interesting mumbo-jumbo
to the screen.
It is acting based on the webserver's description of the data. The
webserver is likly claiming that the ISO is text/plain for the mime-type.
If you right-click and choose "Save As..." it will save it in a file.

chris

--
Chris McKillop <cdm@qnx.com> "The faster I go, the behinder I get."
Software Engineer, QSSL -- Lewis Carroll --
http://qnx.wox.org/

Bill Caroselli

Re: Mozilla questions

Post by Bill Caroselli » Tue Jan 14, 2003 10:09 pm

I tried using it to download the QNX RTP ISO image. Is does not
download a file. But instead displays lots of interesting mumbo-jumbo
to the screen.

For the record, the same thing happens when I try to use 6.2 Voyager.

Bill Caroselli

Re: Mozilla questions

Post by Bill Caroselli » Wed Jan 15, 2003 12:19 am

Chris McKillop wrote:
Bill Caroselli <qtps@earthlink.net> wrote:

Would this be the best group to discuss issues regarding Mozilla from
the 3rd party CD?

I tried using it to download the QNX RTP ISO image. Is does not
download a file. But instead displays lots of interesting mumbo-jumbo
to the screen.



It is acting based on the webserver's description of the data. The
webserver is likly claiming that the ISO is text/plain for the mime-type.
If you right-click and choose "Save As..." it will save it in a file.

I never really got that far. I was trying to download the QNX RTP
from the QNX web page. I filled out the long questioneer (for about the
100th time) and clicked on the link to download the ISO image.

It appeared that the data that made up the image was being displayed as
if it was a web page. It never asked me if I wanted to save it to to
where or gave me an option to save as anything.

Rodney Dowdall

Re: Mozilla questions

Post by Rodney Dowdall » Wed Jan 15, 2003 12:22 am

Hello Bill

Right-click on the link and select save as. Or you may be able to modify
the plugins file so that it can reconize the file format. The problem is
that Mozilla doesn't know what to do with the QPR so it displays it in
binary form.

Thanks,
Rodney
"Bill Caroselli" <qtps@earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:3E2478F5.8010602@earthlink.net...
Would this be the best group to discuss issues regarding Mozilla from
the 3rd party CD?

I tried using it to download the QNX RTP ISO image. Is does not
download a file. But instead displays lots of interesting mumbo-jumbo
to the screen.

liug

Re: Mozilla questions

Post by liug » Wed Jan 15, 2003 1:32 am

Rodney Dowdall <guisupport@qnx.com> wrote:
Right-click on the link and select save as. Or you may be able to modify
the plugins file so that it can reconize the file format. The problem is
that Mozilla doesn't know what to do with the QPR so it displays it in
binary form.
who is the qnx's webmaster? blind?
he needs to change the apache's mime.types file so that .qpr and .iso
has the right mime types.

Bill Caroselli

Re: Mozilla questions

Post by Bill Caroselli » Wed Jan 15, 2003 7:07 pm

Rodney Dowdall wrote:
Hello Bill

Right-click on the link and select save as. Or you may be able to modify
the plugins file so that it can reconize the file format. The problem is
that Mozilla doesn't know what to do with the QPR so it displays it in
binary form.
I will try this, but did you see that I got the same resultas with Voyager?

Cowboy

Re: Mozilla questions

Post by Cowboy » Thu Jan 16, 2003 9:11 pm

In article <3E25B167.2070809@earthlink.net>, Bill Caroselli wrote:
Rodney Dowdall wrote:
Hello Bill

Right-click on the link and select save as. Or you may be able to modify
the plugins file so that it can reconize the file format. The problem is
that Mozilla doesn't know what to do with the QPR so it displays it in
binary form.


I will try this, but did you see that I got the same resultas with Voyager?
Hi, Bill.
The other thing that will work, is to let it "display" the whole ISO
in the window as text, then choose "Save As..." from the file menu.
At least that way, you'll get the image.

( worked for me, as I had the same problem when I went after it )

--
Cowboy

I have a very good DENTAL PLAN. Thank you.

kneekoo

Re: Mozilla questions

Post by kneekoo » Thu Jan 16, 2003 11:27 pm

Hi, Bill.
The other thing that will work, is to let it "display" the whole ISO
in the window as text, then choose "Save As..." from the file menu.
At least that way, you'll get the image.

( worked for me, as I had the same problem when I went after it )
Oh, come on guys. Just right-click this link

http://download.qnx.com/download/qnxpub100.iso

and choose Save As...

Is it, really, that hard ? Good luck.

Bill Caroselli

Re: Mozilla questions

Post by Bill Caroselli » Fri Jan 17, 2003 7:05 pm

kneekoo wrote:
Oh, come on guys. Just right-click this link

http://download.qnx.com/download/qnxpub100.iso

and choose Save As...

Is it, really, that hard ? Good luck.


Agreed. It's not hard. I was simply reporting what I thought was a bug
in the software. It may actually be a bug in the data. I don't know.

--
Bill Caroselli
Q-TPS Consulting
(626) 824-7983

Guest

Re: Mozilla questions

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 19, 2003 8:00 pm

[URL snipped]

Exposing direct URL may circumvent QNX's policy (like filling enquete);
I guess that's why you rarely saw the direct URL in newsgroups
even that's way easier to download.

--
kabe

Bill Caroselli

Re: Mozilla questions

Post by Bill Caroselli » Mon Jan 20, 2003 7:25 pm

Bill Caroselli wrote:
Would this be the best group to discuss issues regarding Mozilla from
the 3rd party CD?

Has anyone else noticed that you can't send or reply to a news article
until you save one in the drafts folder first. Then you can redisplay
it and hit send.

If I just try to send a new post, or reply to an existing article, when
I hit send, Mogilla craps out. But once I've successfully sent one
message I can post new ones or reply to existing ones all I want.

Is there a know fix for this?


--
Bill Caroselli
Q-TPS Consulting
(626) 824-7983

Chris McKillop

Re: Mozilla questions

Post by Chris McKillop » Mon Jan 20, 2003 9:28 pm

If you hit a mozilla bug, best to try posting a bug report on mozilla.org.

chris


Bill Caroselli <qtps@earthlink.net> wrote:
Bill Caroselli wrote:
Would this be the best group to discuss issues regarding Mozilla from
the 3rd party CD?

Has anyone else noticed that you can't send or reply to a news article
until you save one in the drafts folder first. Then you can redisplay
it and hit send.

If I just try to send a new post, or reply to an existing article, when
I hit send, Mogilla craps out. But once I've successfully sent one
message I can post new ones or reply to existing ones all I want.

Is there a know fix for this?


--
Bill Caroselli
Q-TPS Consulting
(626) 824-7983
--
Chris McKillop <cdm@qnx.com> "The faster I go, the behinder I get."
Software Engineer, QSSL -- Lewis Carroll --
http://qnx.wox.org/

Chris McKillop

Re: Mozilla questions

Post by Chris McKillop » Tue Jan 21, 2003 4:55 pm

Armin <a-steinhoff@web.de> wrote:
Chris McKillop wrote:
If you hit a mozilla bug, best to try posting a bug report on mozilla.org.

Hmm, if you hit a 'mozilla bug' of the mozilla version provided by the
3rd party CD ... then simply forget it and download a Mozilla version
from openqnx.

Frank's version (X11/Photon) is the only one which works as expected.
No, that isn't true. Frank and I are using the exact same source base.
And there isn't any mozilla from the 3rd Party CD.

chris

--
Chris McKillop <cdm@qnx.com> "The faster I go, the behinder I get."
Software Engineer, QSSL -- Lewis Carroll --
http://qnx.wox.org/

Armin

Re: Mozilla questions

Post by Armin » Tue Jan 21, 2003 5:23 pm

Chris McKillop wrote:
If you hit a mozilla bug, best to try posting a bug report on mozilla.org.
Hmm, if you hit a 'mozilla bug' of the mozilla version provided by the
3rd party CD ... then simply forget it and download a Mozilla version
from openqnx.

Frank's version (X11/Photon) is the only one which works as expected.

Armin

chris


Bill Caroselli <qtps@earthlink.net> wrote:

Bill Caroselli wrote:

Would this be the best group to discuss issues regarding Mozilla from
the 3rd party CD?


Has anyone else noticed that you can't send or reply to a news article
until you save one in the drafts folder first. Then you can redisplay
it and hit send.

If I just try to send a new post, or reply to an existing article, when
I hit send, Mogilla craps out. But once I've successfully sent one
message I can post new ones or reply to existing ones all I want.

Is there a know fix for this?


--
Bill Caroselli
Q-TPS Consulting
(626) 824-7983


Post Reply

Return to “qdn.public.qnxrtp.applications”