workspace editor

Post by Bill Caroselli » Mon Nov 10, 2003 6:33 pm

As much as I like QNX6 I still haven't found an editor I like as much
as Ted Green's vedit. It would be nice if someone could port that.
I'd be willing to pay for a working copy if one were available.

Short of that, I've been trying to use 'workspace'. It's not bad.
But it's a little buggy. There are also some features that I would
do a little bit differently.

I have tried to contact the author at his belanger.name e-mail address
but he has not responded. Does anyone know if he is available at any
other address?

Or, is the source to workspace available on line anywhere?

--
Bill Caroselli -- Q-TPS Consulting
1-(708) 308-4956 <== Note: New Number

Mario Charest

Re: workspace editor

Post by Mario Charest » Tue Nov 11, 2003 1:57 am

"Bill Caroselli" <qtps@earthlink.net> wrote in message
As much as I like QNX6 I still haven't found an editor I like as much
as Ted Green's vedit. It would be nice if someone could port that.
Source aren't public domain as you probably know. I remember people from
greenview (probably Ted) saying there was not enough incentive for doing a
QNX6 version which I heard should have been "simple" given they had a UNIX
version. As a matter of fact I just look on their web site and there is not
mention of a UNIX version anymore.
I'd be willing to pay for a working copy if one were available.

Short of that, I've been trying to use 'workspace'. It's not bad.
But it's a little buggy. There are also some features that I would
do a little bit differently.

I have tried to contact the author at his belanger.name e-mail address
but he has not responded. Does anyone know if he is available at any
other address?

Or, is the source to workspace available on line anywhere?

--
Bill Caroselli -- Q-TPS Consulting
1-(708) 308-4956 <== Note: New Number
qtps@earthlink.net

Michel Belanger

Re: workspace editor

Post by Michel Belanger » Tue Nov 11, 2003 8:15 pm

You asked for Workspace source files ... I didn't have time to decide and
respond.

Michel

Bill Caroselli

Re: workspace editor

Post by Bill Caroselli » Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:57 pm

Michel Belanger <Michel@belanger.name> wrote:
MB > You asked for Workspace source files ... I didn't have time to decide and
MB > respond.

MB > Michel

I can understand you not wanting to part with source.

Is there a newer version then the one of the 3rd party CD?

Are you willing/able to deal with bugs?
If so, where should I report them?

Are you willing to entertain ideas for enhancements/changes?

--
Bill Caroselli -- Q-TPS Consulting
1-(708) 308-4956 <== Note: New Number
qtps@earthlink.net

Alain Bonnefoy

Re: workspace editor

Post by Alain Bonnefoy » Fri Nov 14, 2003 9:27 am

I'm also using ws daily, and I think it's almost the best one under Photon.
Except there is some bugs to solve, and the search feature is 'a bit
unusuall!!!!'
I hope you will continue to work on it Michel !!
Alain.

Bill Caroselli a écrit:
Michel Belanger <Michel@belanger.name> wrote:
MB > You asked for Workspace source files ... I didn't have time to decide and
MB > respond.

MB > Michel

I can understand you not wanting to part with source.

Is there a newer version then the one of the 3rd party CD?

Are you willing/able to deal with bugs?
If so, where should I report them?

Are you willing to entertain ideas for enhancements/changes?

Michel Belanger

Re: workspace editor

Post by Michel Belanger » Mon Nov 17, 2003 5:03 pm

Send me bug reports and change request to Michel@Belanger.name. I will
fix the bugs and do a new release in december. As for the change request,
I will analyse them and give you a time frame. This also goes for anyone
else then Bill who is using Workspace.

I guess this means the Workspace guy is back. Thanks for your continued
apreciation of Workspace.

Michel