pterm & +'S'

Post by Bill Caroselli » Fri Nov 14, 2003 8:03 pm

I have a text application that spits stuff to the screen very fast
indefinitely. I can't seem to stop pterm with <Ctrl>+'S'. If I put
any delay in the loop, I.E.
delay( 10 );
I can pause the output of pterm just fine and restart it when I'm
ready.

I can always <Ctrl>+'C' the progrm. That happens immediately.

Why can't I pause the output of a pterm?

Xiaodan Tang

Re: pterm & +'S'

Post by Xiaodan Tang » Sat Nov 15, 2003 3:44 am

Your application is running higher priority that pterm can't run
to process the ctrl-s ?

-xtang

Bill Caroselli <qtps@earthlink.net> wrote in message
I have a text application that spits stuff to the screen very fast
indefinitely. I can't seem to stop pterm with <Ctrl>+'S'. If I put
any delay in the loop, I.E.
delay( 10 );
I can pause the output of pterm just fine and restart it when I'm
ready.

I can always <Ctrl>+'C' the progrm. That happens immediately.

Why can't I pause the output of a pterm?

Wojtek Lerch

Re: pterm & +'S'

Post by Wojtek Lerch » Sat Nov 15, 2003 8:54 pm

Pterm doesn't understand the difference between Ctrl-C and Ctrl-S. If one
works and the other doesn't, it must be because devc-pty treats them
differently.