mozilla firebird/thunderbird package updates

Adrian Mardare

mozilla firebird/thunderbird package updates

Post by Adrian Mardare » Tue Nov 25, 2003 12:31 am

Hi...
I want to believe this is the final shape of these packages.

Here is a list of the changes:

- the thread leakeage in firebird and thunderbird is fixed

- the crash in mozilla1.5 ( when a new window is opened ) is fixed.

firebird+thunderbird+mozilla1.5 )

- clicking on a link in thunderbird works now.

- clicking on a mailto: link in firebird works now.

The thunderbird/firebird spawn each other and control each other ( if
already running )

( open browser ina new tab etc ).

- Shift + Tab ( reverse tab ) works now

- the firebird launch command ( from the Launch menu ) will attach to a
running instance if any ( it won't bring

up the profile selector anymore ).

- the antialiased fonts are gone - see
/usr/share/mozilla/system_fonts.README if you want them back.

A couple of ( maybe useful ) things:

- in the thunderbird composition window, if you tried to paste text into a
message and your pasted text got messed up, you might want to use "Paste
Without Formatting" from the Edit menu or from the right click menu.

- If you hold Ctrl key down and click on a link, the link will open in a new
tab.

The 3 packages are available from:

http://www.qnxzone.com/~amardare/mozill ... public.qpr

http://www.qnxzone.com/~amardare/mozill ... public.qpr

http://www.qnxzone.com/~amardare/mozill ... public.qpr

Adrian

Chris McKillop

Re: mozilla firebird/thunderbird package updates

Post by Chris McKillop » Tue Nov 25, 2003 5:39 am

Adrian Mardare <am@hotmail.com> wrote:
Hi...
I want to believe this is the final shape of these packages.

[SNIP]
<happy dance>

John Nagle

Re: mozilla firebird/thunderbird package updates

Post by John Nagle » Tue Nov 25, 2003 7:57 am

Attempted installation using Mozilla repository below and
the QNX installer in 6.2.1

Installer found package, and began installation.
Displayed "Copying files" screen. Hung. Installer could not
be killed, even with "kill -9" run as root. "sla qnxinstall"
did not work. Logout/reboot did work, and the old Mozilla was
intact after the reboot.

John Nagle

Adrian Mardare wrote:
[...]

Martin Kraan

Re: mozilla firebird/thunderbird package updates

Post by Martin Kraan » Tue Nov 25, 2003 12:19 pm

No problems here (6.2.1). Works perfect.

Nice work Adrian!!!.

Martin Kraan

Adrian Mardare wrote:
[...]

Bill Caroselli

Re: mozilla firebird/thunderbird package updates

Post by Bill Caroselli » Tue Nov 25, 2003 3:14 pm

This executable seems to requier libphexlib.so.3.
I have a .1 and a .2 on my system. Where do I get .3?

More importantly, why doesn't teh QNX installer tell me about this.
Isn't that what it is supposed to do is make sure that all of the
prerequisits are there?

Adrian Mardare <am@hotmail.com> wrote:
AM > Hi...
AM > I want to believe this is the final shape of these packages.

AM > Here is a list of the changes:

AM > - the thread leakeage in firebird and thunderbird is fixed

AM > - the crash in mozilla1.5 ( when a new window is opened ) is fixed.

AM > - Copy Link Location in the context menus is fixed (
AM > firebird+thunderbird+mozilla1.5 )

AM > - clicking on a link in thunderbird works now.

AM > - clicking on a mailto: link in firebird works now.

AM > The thunderbird/firebird spawn each other and control each other ( if
AM > already running )

AM > ( open browser ina new tab etc ).

AM > - Shift + Tab ( reverse tab ) works now

AM > - the firebird launch command ( from the Launch menu ) will attach to a
AM > running instance if any ( it won't bring

AM > up the profile selector anymore ).

AM > - the antialiased fonts are gone - see
AM > /usr/share/mozilla/system_fonts.README if you want them back.

AM > A couple of ( maybe useful ) things:

AM > - in the thunderbird composition window, if you tried to paste text into a
AM > message and your pasted text got messed up, you might want to use "Paste
AM > Without Formatting" from the Edit menu or from the right click menu.

AM > - If you hold Ctrl key down and click on a link, the link will open in a new
AM > tab.

AM > The 3 packages are available from:

AM > http://www.qnxzone.com/~amardare/mozill ... public.qpr

AM > http://www.qnxzone.com/~amardare/mozill ... public.qpr

AM > http://www.qnxzone.com/~amardare/mozill ... public.qpr

AM > Adrian

--
Bill Caroselli -- Q-TPS Consulting
1-(708) 308-4956 <== Note: New Number

Adrian Mardare

Post by Adrian Mardare » Tue Nov 25, 2003 11:52 pm

Bill Caroselli wrote:
This executable seems to requier libphexlib.so.3.
I have a .1 and a .2 on my system. Where do I get .3?
I updated the
http://www.qnxzone.com/~amardare/mozill ... public.qpr
to remove the phexlib.so.3 dependency. It seems that only this qpr was
affected.
Adrian

Post by Adrian » Wed Nov 26, 2003 3:26 am

"John Nagle" <nagle@overbot.com> wrote in message
Attempted installation using Mozilla repository below and
the QNX installer in 6.2.1
The location
http://www.qnxzone.com/~amardare/mozilla/1.5/ is not a repository, so you
have to download the qpr files locally and then load them in qnxinstall (
qnxinstall package-name.qpr ).
Adrian

Post by Adrian » Wed Nov 26, 2003 3:30 am

"Bill Caroselli" <qtps@earthlink.net> wrote in message
This executable seems to requier libphexlib.so.3.
I have a .1 and a .2 on my system. Where do I get .3?

More importantly, why doesn't teh QNX installer tell me about this.
Isn't that what it is supposed to do is make sure that all of the
prerequisits are there?
The qnxinstaller does not do this dynamically - it does it based on some
information present in the manifest files.
That information might specify for instance that it requires
ibphexlib.so.2 - but I linked it against the phexlib.so.3 by mistake. Now
it's fixed.
Adrian

[...]

Post by Bill Caroselli » Wed Nov 26, 2003 1:35 pm

I was able to paste the URL
http://www.qnxzone.com/~amardare/mozill ... public.qpr
into the QNX installer and it just worked.

Adrian <eremia@sympatico.ca> wrote:

A > The location
A > http://www.qnxzone.com/~amardare/mozilla/1.5/ is not a repository, so you
A > have to download the qpr files locally and then load them in qnxinstall (
A > qnxinstall package-name.qpr ).
A > Adrian

Bill Caroselli

Post by Bill Caroselli » Wed Nov 26, 2003 1:52 pm

Adrian Mardare <amardare@qnx.com> wrote:
AM > Bill Caroselli wrote:
This executable seems to requier libphexlib.so.3.
I have a .1 and a .2 on my system. Where do I get .3?
AM > I updated the
AM > http://www.qnxzone.com/~amardare/mozill ... public.qpr
AM > to remove the phexlib.so.3 dependency. It seems that only this qpr was
AM > affected.
AM > Adrian

Works great. Thanks.

Kevin Neden

AM > Bill Caroselli wrote:

This executable seems to requier libphexlib.so.3.
I have a .1 and a .2 on my system. Where do I get .3?

AM > I updated the
AM > http://www.qnxzone.com/~amardare/mozill ... public.qpr
AM > to remove the phexlib.so.3 dependency. It seems that only this qpr was
AM > affected.
AM > Adrian

Works great. Thanks.
With this new version, I find my bookmarks have problems. When I first
launch Mozilla, they don't even appear (including the Personal Toolbar
ones). If I then select 'File Bookmark', they suddenly appear, but they
don't work (selecting has no effect).

The only way I found that will let me use a bookmark is to use 'Manage
Bookmarks' and then double-click on one.

This definately didn't happen with the previous installation of Mozilla
1.5. Any clues?

K.

Xiaodan Tang

Re: mozilla firebird/thunderbird package updates

Post by Xiaodan Tang » Wed Nov 26, 2003 5:32 pm

I know this is too late, but ...

Can mozilla built with IPv6 support? I think there is a #define INET6
somewhere..

-xtang

Kevin Neden <kneden@NOSPAMbtiphotonics.com> wrote in message

Post by Adrian Mardare » Wed Nov 26, 2003 11:24 pm

Kevin Neden wrote:
With this new version, I find my bookmarks have problems. When I first
launch Mozilla, they don't even appear (including the Personal Toolbar
ones). If I then select 'File Bookmark', they suddenly appear, but they
don't work (selecting has no effect).

The only way I found that will let me use a bookmark is to use 'Manage
Bookmarks' and then double-click on one.

This definately didn't happen with the previous installation of Mozilla
1.5. Any clues?
I updated the
http://www.qnxzone.com/~amardare/mozill ... public.qpr
Try it and post the results.
BTW: Why don't you use firebird/thunderbird?
Adrian
K.

Adrian Mardare

Post by Adrian Mardare » Wed Nov 26, 2003 11:25 pm

Xiaodan Tang wrote:
I know this is too late, but ...

Can mozilla built with IPv6 support? I think there is a #define INET6
somewhere..
Maybe in a future release.

AM > Bill Caroselli wrote:

[...]

Post by Adrian Mardare » Thu Nov 27, 2003 3:00 pm

Forgot to mention that only mozilla-1.5-x86-public.qpr was affected by
this but it's fixed now.
Adrian