phrelay timeout

bridged with qdn.public.qnx4.photon
Oscar E. Soto

Re:Photon application question

Post by Oscar E. Soto » Wed Apr 03, 2002 11:51 pm

Hi every one,

We have a 5 node QNX system. For some reason the executables files are all
placed somewhere in node #5.

On node #4 runs a photon application, the executable file is taken from node
#5 when this node (#4) starts up. Everything runs nice and with no problem.
Strange thing happens when for some reason node #5 is down. The callbacks
associated to buttons on the base window on photon application does not
respond, if you make click on any button or type the accelerator keys,
nothing happens. These buttons call some other windows or secreens mostly
but do not work at that moment, however the application does not freezze
since you still can see the base window with the normal animation on it (it
is representing as HMI an industrial process). Once the node #5 is up,
everything runs ok

The same happens when we make a modification on that photon application
using PhAB on node #5, as soon as we achieve the Make and a new executable
file is generated, the photon application running on node #4 does not follow
the buttons callbacks.

The other applications running on node 1,2 &3 which are not GUI´s seems to
behave normally once their application process are started taken the
executables from the same node #5, no matter if this node (#5) is up or
down.

Does anybody knows what is happening here and how to explain it?

Thanks in advence

Rennie Allen

Re: Photon Application question

Post by Rennie Allen » Thu Apr 04, 2002 12:17 am

I think what is happening is that when you open a PhAB created widget
for the first time, the widget formatting information is read from the
resource section in the executable file. If node 5 is down, then the
resource data inside the executable cannot be accessed, and hence the
widget cannot be opened. If Photon does cache the widget format data
(I'm not sure it does) then this could be allowed for by
programmatically pre-opening all PhAB created widgets at least once
during program start phase. This would allow everything to keep working
once node 5 went away. Another possible work around, is to have a ram
disk based /tmp and copy the executable over from node 5 before running
it (in effect this would be the same as QNX keeping the resource section
data in memory).

#5 when this node (#4) starts up. Everything runs nice and with no problem.
[...]

Guest

Re: Fonts

Post by Guest » Mon May 06, 2002 4:14 pm

andy@microstep-mis.com wrote:
Slovak Supplement for Photon 1.14 (QNX4) can be downloaded
freely from www.microstep-mis.sk. It contains:
- Slovak Helvetica font
- Slovak QWERTY keyboard
- 852 code set support
updated, new package contains slovak arial phf-font.

nova verzia balika obsahujuca aj slovensky arial font je na stranke

Andy

Side effect: we have found that using ttf2bdf utility under Linux
we can convert ttf to bdf, then under QNX4 with bdf_2_phf bdf to phf.
Much more efective than editting. May be, we have found America
(hopefully this phrase has the same meaning in English), but this
procedure can solve several problems from this newsgroup, e.g.
missing helvetica fonts of size 16 20 36 ...

Shashank

Re: ticksize

Post by Shashank » Thu May 09, 2002 12:43 pm

Hi,
The default "ticksize" is 10 ms. But when I set it to
1 ms Photon starts behaving a little funny. The touchscreen is ON and when
you hold your finger
over any widget it starts blinking. What could be the problem?

Thank you,
Shashank

Shashank

Re: PtBkgdhandlerProcess

Post by Shashank » Tue Jul 02, 2002 8:28 pm

Hi,
I have a while loop that displays frames on
a Photon Window until a Key is pressed. The frame buffer is updated every 2
sec. Since I need to process
events during the while loop, I use the PtBkgdHandlerProcess function. But
it fails to update the buffer if I use this function.

Any help is appreciated.

Shashank

Shashank

Re: Phrender

Post by Shashank » Wed Jul 10, 2002 6:16 pm

Hi,
We have an application that has been built using PHAB.
Our application links to several libraries, some ours and the rest, the
photon libraries.The application only runs if we don not link the "phrender"
library. What kind of functions does this library define?

Thank you,
Shashank

Shashank

Re: Image

Post by Shashank » Mon Jul 15, 2002 6:26 pm

Hi,
I have an image that is displayed in a 640*240 Photon
window. I would like to stretch it so that it fits in a
640*480 Window. How can this be done?

Thank you,
Shashank

Krupa

Re: DELL notebook with QNX

Post by Krupa » Fri Apr 25, 2003 6:55 am

Since we could boot to QNX, we installed Photon 1.13. We observed that
standard VGA driver only works properly with resolution set to 640x480. The
driver does not function at 800x600. Should we not expect standard VGA to
function properly upto 800x600 resolution irrespective of the graphic
chipset installed?

We would like to configure and use our laptop (nVidia GeForce) at 800x600
resolution. How to resolve the problem encountered by us? Should we install
Photon 1.14?

Thanks,
Krupa
Hugh Brown <hsbrown@qnx.com> wrote in message
Previously, Krupa wrote in qdn.public.qnx4:
Thanks, your suggestion resolved the problem. But I could not
understand
why
the notebook should require an old boot loader...

Its something to do with the BIOS in the latest Dell machines. Don't ask
me what! :-)

Cheers,
Krupa

Hugh Brown <hsbrown@qnx.com> wrote in message
Try using the old boot loader. Do a 'dinit -b -O /dev/hd0t77'.

Previously, Krupa wrote in qdn.public.qnx4:
Hi,

We have just purchased a DELL LATITUDE C840 notebook computer. We
have
been
able to install QNX 4.25 on it with the help of QNX installation
CD.
After
installation, we observed that the computer does not boot to QNX.
We
are
able to boot this computer to QNX using QNX boot disk (created
during
installation).

What may prevent our notebook from booting to QNX from the hard
disk?

Thanks,
Krupa

Shashank

Re: Deleting lines in a plot

Post by Shashank » Wed Jul 16, 2003 8:44 pm

I created a plot that plots a curve with some lines on it. Is there a way to
delete the line and then redraw it at a different location on the plot
without affecting the apperance of the curve?

Thank you,
Shashank

Shashank

Re: Deleting lines in a plot

Post by Shashank » Thu Jul 17, 2003 12:57 pm

Hope someone has an answer

Shashank

"Shashank" <sbalijepalli@precitech.com> wrote in message
I created a plot that plots a curve with some lines on it. Is there a way
delete the line and then redraw it at a different location on the plot
without affecting the apperance of the curve?

Thank you,
Shashank

Derek Leach

Re: Deleting lines in a plot

I created a plot that plots a curve with some lines on it. Is there a way
delete the line and then redraw it at a different location on the plot
without affecting the apperance of the curve?

Thank you,
Shashank

Someone else may have a better idea, but in reality, I believe the
only thing you can do is "erase" out the lines, by redrawing over
it with the background colour. Are you using a PtRaw widget to
do this drawing? If so, you need to modify your list of line data,
then damage the widget. You can use the routine PtDamageExtent()
to minimize the amount of damage presented to the PtRaw widget.

Regards.

Shashank

Re: PgDrawText

Post by Shashank » Tue Sep 02, 2003 5:52 pm

Hi,
I am using a raw widget to create a plot. I draw some text on the plot with
PgDrawText. For some reason it doesn't overwrite the text whenever there is
damage to the raw widget. Your help is appreciated

Thank you,
Shashank

Derek Leach

Re: PgDrawText

Post by Derek Leach » Wed Sep 03, 2003 11:46 am

Shashank <sbalijepalli@precitech.com> wrote:
Hi,
I am using a raw widget to create a plot. I draw some text on the plot with
PgDrawText. For some reason it doesn't overwrite the text whenever there is
damage to the raw widget. Your help is appreciated

Thank you,
Shashank
Are you calling PgDrawText for the raw draw callback (Pt_CB_RAW)? If so, this is
expected behaviour. If you do not want the draw to occur, you need to use a switch,
or remove the callback to prevent the draw. The completely erase the canvas of the
widget, you need to call the PtSuperClassDraw, and/or flood fill the canvas.

Regards.

Shashank

Re: PgDrawText

Post by Shashank » Wed Sep 03, 2003 12:35 pm

I am using the Pt_ARG_RAW_DRAW_F resource for a Pt_Raw widget and it doesn't
seem to overwrite text in real-time. Is that expected behavior?

Thank you,
Shashank

"Derek Leach" <dleach@dleach.qnx.com> wrote in message
[...]

Augie

Re: PgDrawText

Post by Augie » Wed Sep 03, 2003 12:50 pm

Use the Pg_BACK_FILL flag and set the desired fill and text colors.

Augie

[...]

Post Reply

Return to “qdn.public.qnx4.photon”