FATAL segment too large error

bridged with qdn.public.qnx4.photon
Post Reply
Paul Wolcott

FATAL segment too large error

Post by Paul Wolcott » Sun Aug 24, 2003 10:44 pm

Hi,

I am in the midst of creating a Photon Application that has become very
large (the number of widgets that is). After building my last entry screen
and compiling - abmain.c bombs out giving me the error E1118: ***FATAL***
segment too large error.

If I remove a group of widgets from my application abmain.c compiles without
error.

Is there a limit to the number of widgets that an Application can have? Or
is there a way around this problem.

My only other alternative is to split this application up, which is not
something that I really want to do at this point.

Regards,

Paul.

Derek Leach

Re: FATAL segment too large error

Post by Derek Leach » Mon Aug 25, 2003 6:39 pm

Paul Wolcott <paulw@apecusa.com> wrote:
Hi,

I am in the midst of creating a Photon Application that has become very
large (the number of widgets that is). After building my last entry screen
and compiling - abmain.c bombs out giving me the error E1118: ***FATAL***
segment too large error.

If I remove a group of widgets from my application abmain.c compiles without
error.

Is there a limit to the number of widgets that an Application can have? Or
is there a way around this problem.

My only other alternative is to split this application up, which is not
something that I really want to do at this point.

Regards,

Paul.
use -gdwarf2
compile 32-bit

Paul Wolcott

Re: FATAL segment too large error

Post by Paul Wolcott » Tue Aug 26, 2003 6:04 pm

Thanks That Worked!

Paul

"Derek Leach" <dleach@dleach.qnx.com> wrote in message
[...]

Return to “qdn.public.qnx4.photon”