Radeon9600

bridged with qdn.public.qnx4.photon
Michael Van Reenen

Re: Radeon9600

Post by Michael Van Reenen » Wed Nov 19, 2003 4:26 pm

As mentioned previously we have not tried the Radeon 9600 here.
The problem could be one of two things:

1. Our current driver is not compatible with Radeon 9600
2. There is a problem with the card.

I suspect the #1 is the issue. Does the card work correctly under
any other OS? If so then the card is good. If you need this card
supported you should contact your QNX sales rep. / distributer for
options.

Wladislav Sorokoumov <henry@nrmail.jinr.ru> wrote:
"Michael Van Reenen" <mvr@qnx.com> ÓÏÏÂÝÉÌ/ÓÏÏÂÝÉÌÁ × ÎÏ×ÏÓÔÑÈ ÓÌÅÄÕÀÝÅÅ:
Some of the newer Radeon cards like this one show up as two
devices. QNX does not use the second device. (other OSes use
it for dual-display I believe). This is what confuses Hydra.ms.
The second device, ID 0x4170 is not used.

What happens when you run the command line:

/qnx4/graphics/trappers/Pg.radeon -d0x1002,0x4150 -T

This is the device that needs to trap.

My VideoCard is:
Sapphire Radeon 9600 128M DDR V/D/VO
PN 1024-9C20-0B-SA
http://www.sapphiretech.ru/showpage.php ... a&sub=9600 SORRY
Only Russian!!!
OR http://www.sapphiretech.com/vga/9600.asp

when I run the command line:

/qnx4/graphics/trappers/Pg.radeon -d0x1002,0x4150 -T

my system isn't responding many time on
CRTL+Shift+Alt+Del
Or other key (only reset or Power Switch works!! ;-)) )

Same Bug when I run the command line:
Hydra.ms -T

my system isn't responding many time on
CRTL+Shift+Alt+Del
Or other key (only reset or Power Switch works!! ;-)) )

I'm comment three line of the file crttrap.list :
#Hydra.ms -T
#Pg.radeon -d0x1002,0x4150 -T
#Pg.radeon -d0x1002,0x4170 -T

Then, crttrap trap procedure are completed.
P.S. Sorry for my bad English.

Post Reply

Return to “qdn.public.qnx4.photon”