Quake 3 for QNX?

bridged with comp.os.qnx
Post Reply
Hermit

Quake 3 for QNX?

Post by Hermit » Wed Sep 27, 2000 6:20 am

I just installed the preview release and WOW...was I amazed thinking it was
just another linux derivative but it's not.

Anyways I used the package manager and under "games" I took notice to quake3
and doom but when I tried to install them it asked me for a purchasing
licence what exactly is this? I couldn't find any documentation about it.

thanks in advance.

Mikkel Hansen

Re: Quake 3 for QNX?

Post by Mikkel Hansen » Wed Sep 27, 2000 1:06 pm

Strange. I didn't ask me for license (only does that for the 128 bit voyager).
It asked me if I had the origal quake libs installed. I said 'no' and it just
ran the demo (very beautifully, I might add!)

Mikkel

Previously, Hermit wrote in comp.os.qnx:
I just installed the preview release and WOW...was I amazed thinking it was
just another linux derivative but it's not.

Anyways I used the package manager and under "games" I took notice to quake3
and doom but when I tried to install them it asked me for a purchasing
licence what exactly is this? I couldn't find any documentation about it.

thanks in advance.

Steve Tomkins

Re: Quake 3 for QNX?

Post by Steve Tomkins » Wed Sep 27, 2000 5:11 pm

Hermit <pop@oop.com> wrote:
: I just installed the preview release and WOW...was I amazed thinking it was
: just another linux derivative but it's not.

: Anyways I used the package manager and under "games" I took notice to quake3
: and doom but when I tried to install them it asked me for a purchasing
: licence what exactly is this? I couldn't find any documentation about it.

This sounds like the OEM Release rather than the public Pre
Release. In the OEM Release the license key is in the web page
located to the right in the package manager. You can also
update to the latest version. It doesn't need a license key.

: thanks in advance.

David Gibbs

Re: Quake 3 for QNX?

Post by David Gibbs » Wed Sep 27, 2000 7:35 pm

Hermit <pop@oop.com> wrote:
I just installed the preview release and WOW...was I amazed thinking it was
just another linux derivative but it's not.
Nope. QSSL (currently QNX Software Systems Ltd, formerly Quantum SSL --
just a rename, no change in company itself) has been in the OS business
since 1980.

-David

James Boucher

Re: Quake 3 for QNX?

Post by James Boucher » Wed Sep 27, 2000 9:43 pm

the public QNX RTP does not use licenses for Quake. Some old
packages make you click an info field on the right of the package manager
to get the license #. Are you using the public QNX RTP download?

"Mikkel Hansen" <mikkel.hansen@borsen.dk> wrote in message
Strange. I didn't ask me for license (only does that for the 128 bit
voyager).
It asked me if I had the origal quake libs installed. I said 'no' and it
just
ran the demo (very beautifully, I might add!)

Mikkel

Previously, Hermit wrote in comp.os.qnx:
I just installed the preview release and WOW...was I amazed thinking it
was
just another linux derivative but it's not.

Anyways I used the package manager and under "games" I took notice to
quake3
and doom but when I tried to install them it asked me for a purchasing
licence what exactly is this? I couldn't find any documentation about
it.

thanks in advance.

Harri Haataja

Re: Quake 3 for QNX?

Post by Harri Haataja » Fri Jan 05, 2001 4:06 pm

Hermit wrote:
I just installed the preview release and WOW...was I amazed thinking it was
just another linux derivative but it's not.
What is a linux derivative?
It's a loose adjective and I can see what it's aiming to
be but I've never seen anything that could be described
with those words.

Post Reply

Return to “comp.os.qnx”