setting a one-time timer for data from serial port

bridged with qdn.public.articles
Post Reply
LY

setting a one-time timer for data from serial port

Post by LY » Wed Feb 12, 2003 6:39 pm

I need a timeout after 8sec if no data comes in from the serial port.
Where can i get articles on the time functions?

Ly

Robert Rutherford

Re: setting a one-time timer for data from serial port

Post by Robert Rutherford » Thu Feb 13, 2003 11:20 pm

For general information on clocks and timers, I recommend Chapter 3 of Rob
Krten's book "Geting Started with QNX Neutrino2" (www.parse.com)

You are in luck, this particular chapter is available as a free sample
chapter online at:
www.parse.com/books/book_v3/sample.html

But for your specific requirement I would look at the readcond() function -
I suspect this is all you need.

Rob Rutherford
Ruzz Technology

"LY" <lytan@mscgroup-usa.com> wrote in message
I need a timeout after 8sec if no data comes in from the serial port.
Where can i get articles on the time functions?

Ly

Post Reply

Return to “qdn.public.articles”