Writing text directly to the svga.so driver.

bridged with qdn.public.ddk.graphics
Post Reply
Janusz Ruszel

Writing text directly to the svga.so driver.

Post by Janusz Ruszel » Sun May 12, 2002 3:34 am

Hi,
Are there any direct calls to svga driver displaying text message?

Thanks,
Janusz.

Hardware Support Account

Re: Writing text directly to the svga.so driver.

Post by Hardware Support Account » Wed May 15, 2002 9:32 pm

Hi,

The svga driver has no hardware acceleration, so all drawing
(including text) is done through software using the ffb library
to an intermediate buffer, and then drawn to the frame buffer through
the VGA aperature.

Regards,

Joe

Janusz Ruszel <janusz_ruszel@baxter.com> wrote:
Hi,
Are there any direct calls to svga driver displaying text message?

Thanks,
Janusz.

Janusz Ruzsel

Re: Writing text directly to the svga.so driver.

Post by Janusz Ruzsel » Thu May 16, 2002 7:56 pm

Joe,
Could you please supplay more detailes or indicate some references.
Thank you, Janusz

"Hardware Support Account" <hw@qnx.com> wrote in message
Hi,

The svga driver has no hardware acceleration, so all drawing
(including text) is done through software using the ffb library
to an intermediate buffer, and then drawn to the frame buffer through
the VGA aperature.

Regards,

Joe

Janusz Ruszel <janusz_ruszel@baxter.com> wrote:
Hi,
Are there any direct calls to svga driver displaying text message?

Thanks,
Janusz.

Hardware Support Account

Re: Writing text directly to the svga.so driver.

Post by Hardware Support Account » Thu May 16, 2002 8:54 pm

Hi Janusz,

Could you please clarify what you are trying to do? It doesn't make
sense on our end what your goal is.

Regards,

Erick.

Janusz Ruzsel <janusz_ruszel@baxter.com> wrote:
Joe,
Could you please supplay more detailes or indicate some references.
Thank you, Janusz

"Hardware Support Account" <hw@qnx.com> wrote in message
Hi,

The svga driver has no hardware acceleration, so all drawing
(including text) is done through software using the ffb library
to an intermediate buffer, and then drawn to the frame buffer through
the VGA aperature.

Regards,

Joe

Janusz Ruszel <janusz_ruszel@baxter.com> wrote:
Hi,
Are there any direct calls to svga driver displaying text message?

Thanks,
Janusz.

janusz.r

Re: Writing text directly to the svga.so driver.

Post by janusz.r » Fri May 17, 2002 4:02 am

Hi,
I would like to have possibility to display some message on the screen
after video driver and Photon are running. It takes a long period of time to
load my graphics application. It is a multi process application. Process
controlling user interface is loaded as a last one. I would like to display
is loaded. Photon direct calls are not solution because calling text output
in script file erases previous message. I have tried to call BIOS VGA
interrupt but it does not work all the time ( depends on the VIDEO BIOS).
Please share your opinions and recommended solutions.

[...]

Post by Hardware Support Account » Wed May 22, 2002 5:16 pm

Hi Janusz,

This sounds like a Photon programming issue rather than a hardware issue,
I am going to forward this to our Photon support reps.

Regards,

Erick.

janusz.r <j.ruszel@netzero.net> wrote:
[...]

Return to “qdn.public.ddk.graphics”