Advantech PPC-123 Touchscreen problem

bridged with qdn.public.ddk.input
Post Reply
Todd Roper

Advantech PPC-123 Touchscreen problem

Post by Todd Roper » Fri Mar 23, 2001 8:33 pm

I have an Advantech PPC-123T in 800x600 mode

I can run Input using the fd options:

Input smartset fd -d/dev/ser4 &

and the cursor responds to my touches, but there appears to be an error in
the translation of the touch
screen -> graphics co-ordinates that has all the hallmarks of a
signed/unsigned problem or integer overflow.

If I probe around I can find areas where the cursor aligns to my finger. If
I then drag my finger horizontally across the screen the cursor will follow
for a short distance. The cursor then goes over to the right hand side of
the screen and stays there as I continue to drag, and then it shoots back to
meet my finger which it then follows for a short distance.....

There is a similar effect in the vertical direction. In this case the cursor
shoots up to the top periodically.

Is there an updated driver?

If I run the system in 640x480 then when I run acalib it puts the
coordinates in the absf.1 file but inverts the axis (last byte on the line =
1). If I change it over to a zero, it seems to work ok in that mode
although somewhat off on the calibration unless I manually change the absf.1
data.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Todd Roper

Alex Chapiro

Re: Advantech PPC-123 Touchscreen problem

Post by Alex Chapiro » Fri Mar 23, 2001 8:50 pm

See the answer in replies to message "devi-elo problems" (19/3/2001).

=
1). If I change it over to a zero, it seems to work ok in that mode
although somewhat off on the calibration unless I manually change the
absf.1
data.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Todd Roper

Todd Roper

Re: Advantech PPC-123 Touchscreen problem

Post by Todd Roper » Fri Mar 23, 2001 9:37 pm

Alex,

I did look at that one, but I am running QNX4 and I do not have the DDK to
re-compile the driver.

Any other ideas would be appreciated,

Todd

"Alex Chapiro" <achapiro@qnx.com> wrote in message
[...]

Jim Douglas

Re: Advantech PPC-123 Touchscreen problem

Post by Jim Douglas » Sat Mar 24, 2001 4:07 pm

Hmmm. I take this in the spirit of imitation being the sincerest form of
flattery.....

FYI the Advantech PPC-150T works perfectly under QNX4/Photon 1.4. Are you up
to date with Photon? There were some horrendous problems in earlier
versions.

Jim Douglas
[...]

Post by Todd Roper » Mon Mar 26, 2001 7:34 pm

Jim,

You were right. You had explained it so well already... Actually I have
QNX4/Photon 1.14 so I will check on that.

Todd

"Jim Douglas" <jim@dramatec.co.uk> wrote in message
[...]

Post by Todd Roper » Mon Mar 26, 2001 11:25 pm

In case anybody wants the resolve:

It was the stty solution:

stty -nl < /dev/ser4

working correctly as anticipated now,

:-) Todd

[...]

Post by Jim Douglas » Tue Mar 27, 2001 12:53 pm

That's interesting. I didn't encounter the problem because I use the 'uart'
option as opposed to the 'fd' option. I thought Input was supposed to set
the com port to the correct settings to interface with the touch screen
controller.

Jim

[...]

Rennie Allen

Advantech PPC-123 Touchscreen problem

Post by Rennie Allen » Tue Mar 27, 2001 10:59 pm

I only sets baud rate, data bits, and stop bits. Input has a simplified
view of a serial device (don't know if you ever noticed but Input
contains 22 drivers and is about the same size as 1 driver in Windows).

Posted At: Tuesday, March 27, 2001 4:54 AM
Posted To: input
Conversation: Advantech PPC-123 Touchscreen problem
Subject: Re: Advantech PPC-123 Touchscreen problem

That's interesting. I didn't encounter the problem because I use the
'uart'
option as opposed to the 'fd' option. I thought Input was supposed to
set
the com port to the correct settings to interface with the touch screen
controller.

Jim

Post Reply

Return to “qdn.public.ddk.input”