touchscreen driver on USB port

bridged with qdn.public.ddk.input
Post Reply
Michel Benoit

touchscreen driver on USB port

Post by Michel Benoit » Wed Apr 04, 2001 10:38 am

Hello.

Is it possible to connect a touchscreen
(devi-elo or devi-carol) as a USB device?

Is it as simple as starting the usb mouse device
and then telling touchscreen to look for
/dev/usb/usbmouse:

devu-uhci &
devu-mouse &
devi-elo smartset fd -d/dev/usbmouse0

or does a special devu-touchscreen have to
be written ?

Best regards,

Michel Benoit
Saab Communication
Stockholm Sweden

Rennie Allen

touchscreen driver on USB port

Post by Rennie Allen » Thu Apr 05, 2001 1:46 am

Are there USB Elographic, and Carrol touchscreens ?

I can't answer your question, but assuming you have a USB touchscreen,
it certainly wouldn't take long to find out (you know all the right
commands). I suspect that it will work, but I could be wrong.

Posted At: Wednesday, April 04, 2001 3:39 AM
Posted To: input
Conversation: touchscreen driver on USB port
Subject: touchscreen driver on USB port

Hello.

Is it possible to connect a touchscreen
(devi-elo or devi-carol) as a USB device?

Is it as simple as starting the usb mouse device
and then telling touchscreen to look for
/dev/usb/usbmouse:

devu-uhci &
devu-mouse &
devi-elo smartset fd -d/dev/usbmouse0

or does a special devu-touchscreen have to
be written ?

Best regards,

Michel Benoit
Saab Communication