How to support the wheel mouse ?

bridged with qdn.public.ddk.input
Post Reply
Kazz Yokomizo

How to support the wheel mouse ?

Post by Kazz Yokomizo » Fri Jun 08, 2001 8:15 am

Is it possible to use the wheel mouse to scroll up/down the window contents
under QNX 6.0.C environment ?

I picked up the Input SDK and USB DDK (might be beta). Based on them, I
modified the devu-mouse to convert the USB wheel data to the Microsoft wheel
mouse data structure, modified the devi-hirun to add some printf statement
for debugging. I tested these modules with a USB wheel mouse on QNX 6.0.C.
It seems that the devu-mouse can correctly handle the USB wheel data. Also,
it seems the devi-hirun can correctly make the mp structure which contains a
PTR_Z_DATA flag and a dz value. But I could not scroll up/down the window
contents, e.g. Voyager browser.

Kazz

Alex Chapiro

Re: How to support the wheel mouse ?

Post by Alex Chapiro » Fri Jun 08, 2001 1:11 pm

The current version of devi-hirun (see Patch C, for example) supports wheel
mouse. Driver automatically recognizes wheel mouse and activates wheel.
Usinfg input-cfg, you can disable this option.
On the other hand, devu-mouse from Beta DDK doesn't support wheel mouse. Or
rather to say, it can after small changes, but this is a program which uses
its service is responsible for interpreting wheel spinning data and for
enforsing Photon to do desirable operations.
Of course, next release version of USB HID drivers is supposed to support
wheel mouse as well.

Alex Chapiro

"Kazz Yokomizo" <yokomizo@mx3.ttcn.ne.jp> wrote in message
Is it possible to use the wheel mouse to scroll up/down the window
contents
under QNX 6.0.C environment ?

I picked up the Input SDK and USB DDK (might be beta). Based on them, I
modified the devu-mouse to convert the USB wheel data to the Microsoft
wheel
mouse data structure, modified the devi-hirun to add some printf statement
for debugging. I tested these modules with a USB wheel mouse on QNX
6.0.C.
It seems that the devu-mouse can correctly handle the USB wheel data.
Also,
it seems the devi-hirun can correctly make the mp structure which contains
PTR_Z_DATA flag and a dz value. But I could not scroll up/down the window
contents, e.g. Voyager browser.

Kazz

Post Reply

Return to “qdn.public.ddk.input”