PS/2 based touch screen

bridged with qdn.public.ddk.input
Post Reply
Alex Cellarius

PS/2 based touch screen

Post by Alex Cellarius » Sun Jun 17, 2001 8:25 pm

I have a customer here with a touch screen that
is attached via the PS/2 port.
devi-hirun picks up the mouse and keyboard
(devhi-hirun
The mouse is not working correctly, as a touch doesn't relocate
the cursor to the point of touch. Dragging drags the cursor,
but at a slow pace.
Is it possible to configure the standard utilities to fix
this problem, or will a custom input driver be needed.
Thanks

Alex Chapiro

Re: PS/2 based touch screen

Post by Alex Chapiro » Mon Jun 18, 2001 12:58 pm

Of course, you cannot use mouse driver to process touchscreen input. What
type of touch scren do you have?

Post by Alex Cellarius » Wed Jun 20, 2001 5:29 pm

On Mon, 18 Jun 2001 08:58:39 -0400, "Alex Chapiro" <achapiro@qnx.com> wrote:
Of course, you cannot use mouse driver to process touchscreen input. What
type of touch scren do you have?
The touch screen is using a combined PS/2 jeyboard & touch controller chip
from USAR I believe. I am waiting for detail from the customer.

Post Reply

Return to “qdn.public.ddk.input”