Mouse Double-Click Control

bridged with qdn.public.ddk.input
Post Reply
Kazz Yokomizo

Mouse Double-Click Control

Post by Kazz Yokomizo » Wed Jun 20, 2001 10:50 am

Is it possible to control/customize the delay time between two clicks for a
double-click ? Also, is it possible to control/customize the allowance of
pointer's positions between two clicks for a double-click ? I got the
requirements about such customization especially using touch screen. I
could not find any GUI utility to customize these parameters in QNX 6.0.C.

I feel that there is less chance to use the double-click under QNX
environment than Windows. But the ICA client users on QNX might have many
chance to use the double-click for Windows applications.

I found the "rel -D <msec>" option in the /etc/system/trap/devi-rel-opts
file. It seems that this parameter is read by devi-hirun and saved in the
..mouse_double_click_delay member of the ITF_OPTIONS_t structure, but the
value in the member has never been used in the current devi-hirun code in
the SDK beta. Can I expect to use this parameter in the Input SDK GA
version ?

Kazz

Alex Chapiro

Re: Mouse Double-Click Control

Post by Alex Chapiro » Wed Jun 20, 2001 12:52 pm

As you can understand from DDK sources, input driver doesn't determine and
process double click events. It is responsibility of higher level (in this
case, Photon server), to recognize double-click. Input driver just sends to
the event consumer (Photon) information about buttons state changing and
time when this event occurred.
As far as I understand from Windows DDK , in Windows low level driver also
does not provide this sort of service.
Pointer event structure in Photon (struct Ph_ev_ptr_data) includes
double-click information and can be processed in any Photon application.
Unfortunately, I don't know any way how user can control maximal time
interval between clicks in double-click.
"Kazz Yokomizo" <yokomizo@mx3.ttcn.ne.jp> wrote in message
[...]

Return to “qdn.public.ddk.input”