elo with 6.1

bridged with qdn.public.ddk.input

elo with 6.1

Post by Mario Charest » Mon Aug 06, 2001 7:38 pm

The devi-elo executable with 6.1 doesn't work for me.
I took the ddk in an attempt to figure out what is wrong.

I still haven't figure out what but so far I found:

First devi/lib/nto/x86/a.o/Makefile is missing.

There is a problem with uart module (ser8250.c).
uart_reset() was making use of IpCoid variable.
The variable wasn't initialised. I beleive devi_get_coid()
should be use instead.

If I rebuild the 6.0 ddk source on 6.1 it doesn't
work either. But the 6.0 ddk source built on
6.0 runs fine on the 6.1.

It seems the touch screen isn't initialize properly,
as it doesn't send anything when pressed.
Still investigating.

- Mario

Alex Chapiro

Re: elo with 6.1

Post by Alex Chapiro » Tue Aug 07, 2001 2:58 pm

I tried devi-elo on 6.1.. It works good if uses fd -d/dev/ser1. Try with
uart device module failed. There were positevely no changes in uart8250.c
since 6.0. It takes me a short while to figure out what the problem is,
apologize for delay.

"Mario Charest" <mcharest@zinformatic.com> wrote in message
The devi-elo executable with 6.1 doesn't work for me.
I took the ddk in an attempt to figure out what is wrong.

I still haven't figure out what but so far I found:

First devi/lib/nto/x86/a.o/Makefile is missing.

There is a problem with uart module (ser8250.c).
uart_reset() was making use of IpCoid variable.
The variable wasn't initialised. I beleive devi_get_coid()
should be use instead.
That is correct. Will be fixed in next release.
After changing this option driver works with uart device module as well, but
not stable. I need some time to fix a problem.
If I rebuild the 6.0 ddk source on 6.1 it doesn't
work either. But the 6.0 ddk source built on
6.0 runs fine on the 6.1.

It seems the touch screen isn't initialize properly,
as it doesn't send anything when pressed.
In my case it is not correct. It works perfect via fd and at leat works for
a while via uart. Means that initialization works correct.

Thank you for cooperation,

Alex Chapiro

Mario Charest

Re: elo with 6.1

Post by Mario Charest » Tue Aug 07, 2001 3:30 pm

[...]

Here is why I came to that conclusion. If I slay the 6.0 driver
and then start qtalk and press the touchscreen, qtalk will
receive data. However if I try the 6.1 driver (which
doesn't work) then kill it and start qtalk it will not receive
data. The touch screen appears to be dead. I assume it
hasn't been initialized properly.

Since you say it should be working I will resume
my investigation. Thanks.

- Mario

Thank you for cooperation,

Alex Chapiro

Alex Chapiro

Re: elo with 6.1

Post by Alex Chapiro » Tue Aug 07, 2001 3:56 pm

What I wrote in my previous posting, is incorrect. uart input module also
works fine. Could it be a difference in ELO controllers we are using?
Some time ago there was also a problem with location of calib file (should
be in /etc/system/trap directory). Could it be your case?

Alex Chapiro

What I wrote in my previous posting, is incorrect. uart input module also
works fine. Could it be a difference in ELO controllers we are using?
Some time ago there was also a problem with location of calib file (should
be in /etc/system/trap directory). Could it be your case?
I'm starting the driver with 8 -v and it does show that it finds the calib
file.

I don't know what controler I'm working with. I'll see if I can find out.

Alex Chapiro

[...]

Post by Alex Chapiro » Tue Aug 07, 2001 5:19 pm

Does fd module also fails?
I'm using quite ancient AccuTouch 2210MX 0480499 with external power supply.

Post by Mario Charest » Tue Aug 07, 2001 5:41 pm

"Alex Chapiro" <achapiro@qnx.com> wrote in message
Does fd module also fails?
Yes they both fail.

With the uart module, there is no receive interrupt.

[...]

Post by Mario Charest » Thu Aug 09, 2001 4:57 pm

To other that may be watching this thread. The driver is working,
it was a problem with the custom hardware I was using.

[...]

Post Reply

Return to “qdn.public.ddk.input”